Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thx Brayzo! ... I'll go that route ...

HP should be remunerating you :)) ... you providing the service their techies should be giving ...
HP Recommended

:smileylol:hi there

to solve the problem of mediatek  MT7630E  wifi disconnecting and reconnect it self again

you have to go to driver properties on the device manager

by right click on the driver

select Advanced Tab , then select Adhoc support 802.11n and that under Property colum

then you select Enable on the drop menu of Valu

Press ok and enjoy

HP Recommended

Hey Botchino

I'll try ... thanks!!

HP Recommended

Wow!...enabling Adhoc support 802.11n was about as much use as a sail boat with a handbrake.

Same issue with a brand new 450 G1. How hard can it be? WiFi is not a new technology and yet we still experience issues that should have been ironed out years ago. Why is a professional company like HP using crappy hardware made by even crappier manufacturers. Very disappointed!!!

I suggest you come up with a fix fast or you're likely to be losing alot of customers.

HP Recommended

Yup that did not work either ... 

I finally got HP attention thanks to their Facebook page .... they collected the unit ... I spoke to the techie this a.m. ... apparently something to do with Windows 7 and adapter compatbility ... they now need to load the OS from scratch ... which means me having to reload all software again ... they "think" that may work ... I'm waiting with great anticipation :))

HP Recommended

Updatefrom HP Support:

... now clear that it is the wifi card that's failied ... its a hardware issue ... a new card (Mediatek pfff) was installed and apparently PC wifi connection is now stable ... 

HP Recommended

... oh boy this is RIDICULOUS ... I hear this morning from HP Support .. after numerous calls to HP ZA ... there are NO wifi cards available in South Africa ... now has to be placed on back order ... parts only due in ZA on the 24th Feb ... this after I was assured I'd get my PC Monday this week ... and I've spoken to Senior Support, Local Support, Techies, Senior Complaints Team, HP US ... and still nothing ... is this a corporate culture?

HP Recommended

My PC is a HP470 G1 and I have the same issue, it never worked, and still doen't ! It is the Mediatek MT 7630E 802.11 bgn Wifi adapter.

I have tried everything... and did not find the right driver to male it work.

HP can you help?

HP Recommended

Instead of selecting Adhoc support, try setting "Roaming Sensitivity" to "Lowest".

Not sure if that is a real fix, but that did the trick for me.

@fletch062000 wrote:

Wow!...enabling Adhoc support 802.11n was about as much use as a sail boat with a handbrake.

Same issue with a brand new 450 G1. How hard can it be? WiFi is not a new technology and yet we still experience issues that should have been ironed out years ago. Why is a professional company like HP using crappy hardware made by even crappier manufacturers. Very disappointed!!!

I suggest you come up with a fix fast or you're likely to be losing alot of customers.

HP Recommended

Fully agree with you! it is not acceptable to use defective hardware on brand new product.

But after a couple of monts, HP has finaly recognized that the hardware was indeed defective, and they have sent me a replacement board from a different manufacturer, and... IT WORKS !

Of course, as you said, Wifi is not a new technology.

So for me, case is closed.

FG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.