Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey I've gone through these different steps went to support link - the battery drain, hard start up and the like . Here is the problem I have an HP Probook 6550b  had it about 4 years. It was working ok - my wife has the exact same model- her computer was running slow and so she found a button-icon for HP support in windows which allowed you to do HP updates- she did this and it helped her computer speed- she advised I do the same because mine was a litle slower too. I did the updates and I tried a window while it was updating-boy the speed did increase. The a message popped up and said HP support will shut your computer down and restart to complete process. I had done about 5 or 6 updates.  My computer screen when restarted has never came back on- now here is the key although I don't know much about computers. Remember my wife and I have the exact same computer- now on the front on the lower left corner of the laptop there are 4 icons 1-WiFi 2- on-off 3-lighning bolt( charge button ?) and 4- picture of set of 3 round discs- could this be driver??. Anyway

my computer that won't light up or work (screen black) also the number 4 icon described comes on for just a minute when powering up but then goes off- on my wifes computer the light for the disc icon comes on then blinks on and off the entire time of usage- my light goes off on this and never blinks or comes back on unless trying to restart and then solid light for just a few seconds. Do you know what this is?? I have also noticed my computer bottom gets hotter than my wifes if that helps.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi How4gospel,

Welcome to the HP forum and thank you for your query.

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since  the Probook 6550b is a commercial product. You can do this at   Commercial/ More Sharing Services Subscribe Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet P...
The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime: HP ProBook 6550b Notebook PC

As you stated your notebook is running warmer then your wife's, you may want to try searching for an overheating document.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.