Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-d003se Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HELLO EVERYONE!! Just hoping that someone can help me.

So, the thing is I don't have wifi on my Hp 15-d003se at the moment. I don't know what happened, all I remember was last week (May 21, 2016) when I am trying to connect to my cousin's wifi, there's no wifi icon. I did some research and finally came across on one of the forums and had some solutions, things like going to Device Manager - Network Adapters - Disable, Enable Ralink. I did all of that and IT WORK.

So here's the real problem now, two nights ago (May 25, 2016) when I'm trying to connect to our home's wifi, there's no wifi icon on my laptop again, so I'm assuming that the case is the same as I mentioned above I tried doing the procedure again, but only this time it's totally different. The one installed in my Network Adapter is PCI Family Controller and not the Ralink anymore. And when I tried to scan Wifi, it just said ""There's no installed Wifi/Wireless device in this device"". I don't know what to do here. How can I get my wifi back??

Please HELP!! :Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Duuhnisse,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you   to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

I understand that you are having an issue with your Wi-Fi. Recently when you tried to connect to your home network there was no icon. When you checked Device Manager only the PCI Family Controller  was listed and not the Ralink.  When you scanned for Wi-Fi you received the message that there was no wireless devices installed.

First I would try a hard or forced reset:

HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

You could also try a restore back to when it was seen and working:

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue remains, go to Device Manager and click on' Action" at the top and scan for hardware changes.  If the Ralink is still not found, is it recognized in the bios? If it is seen by the bios then please run a wireless test on it:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

If it is not recognized by the bios  or it fails the hardware test and you are under warranty, please contact HP Support for further assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

If  the Ralink wireless card is again listed and you are experiencing issues with your wireless,  please peruse this post on"Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues   by @ Great-Deku-Tree:

Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues..

Please keep me apprised on your progress.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Duuhnisse,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you   to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

I understand that you are having an issue with your Wi-Fi. Recently when you tried to connect to your home network there was no icon. When you checked Device Manager only the PCI Family Controller  was listed and not the Ralink.  When you scanned for Wi-Fi you received the message that there was no wireless devices installed.

First I would try a hard or forced reset:

HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

You could also try a restore back to when it was seen and working:

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue remains, go to Device Manager and click on' Action" at the top and scan for hardware changes.  If the Ralink is still not found, is it recognized in the bios? If it is seen by the bios then please run a wireless test on it:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

If it is not recognized by the bios  or it fails the hardware test and you are under warranty, please contact HP Support for further assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

If  the Ralink wireless card is again listed and you are experiencing issues with your wireless,  please peruse this post on"Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues   by @ Great-Deku-Tree:

Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues..

Please keep me apprised on your progress.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello! Thank you for the response.

My laptop is now working.

I kinda let my IT friend did all the work because I don't want me personally doing some things in my laptop because I'm afraid that it'll get worst if I'm the one who do it, so I am not really sure which of the solutions you referred actually work.

But your reply is very very much appreciated. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.