05-26-2012 07:36 AM
I have a DV7 with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card.
I can see the 2.4 GHz wireless network. However, this PC cannot see the 5 GHz wireless network. I have 3 Dell computers, an iPhone, iPad, etc which can all see the 5 GHz network. The 5GHz network is much faster and I'd like to connect to that. But it doesn't even show up in the list of avaliable wireless networks. Even if I manually create it, I still cannot connect.
Any information on how to fix this would be great.
05-26-2012 07:39 AM
I took a look at the specs on the card you have from Intel which I have posted at the link below.
The card in your PC is only a single band card (2.4 GHz only), which is why it isn't detecting the %.0 GHz signal from your router.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)