Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

there are so many problems report about WiFi issues on Windows 10, but I did not really find mine.

I'm running the HP ProBook 470 with the Atheros 9000 series WiFi adapter. It worked fine with Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Everything works fine, except WiFi. I can connect to the WLAN and the signal strength and network speed is perfect, but after some time (minutes or even hours) it suddenly drops down and my WLAN router even states disconnected, but it will repair by itself after some time. I can force the "self-repair-speed" by disabling and enabling WiFi again.

But, this is no good solution, WiFi must work reliable all the time when not moving around, and it work perfectly with Windows 7. I hoped that Microsoft and the hardware vendors do manage the drivers after one year of Windows 10 release, but seems not to be so.

I already installed the latest driver from HP download site, but this is already one year old, and it was the same like Windows / Microsoft did while Windows Upgrade. So no change to be expected.

Before I downgrade again to Windows 7, what else can I do? Are there some other drivers which might interfere with WLAN and might not be up to date? (Besides the WLAN driver I did not update others manually as I did rely to the Windows upgrade process.)

Volker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The notebook is up to date, according to the Windows 10 statement.

Anyhow, it does not work well, therefore I decided to downgrade to Windows 7. Now it works again as it is supposed to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you updated the Network adapter drivers?

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
HP Recommended

I did update the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 series WLAN driver: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5350449&swItemId=ob_151470_1&swEnvOid=419... (sp71815.exe).

For me this is the network adapter driver, or are there others involved to that?

Volker

HP Recommended

Just update that driver and see whether WiFi improves.

HP Recommended

As I already mentioned, I did upgrade that driver already and it did not help. Furthermore that driver was already up to date, it is one year old!

Volker

HP Recommended

Could you please do the following.

1. Click Windows Flag  
  2. In the search type in "Check for updates"
  3. Make sure all updates are installed
  4. If not then Install and restart
  5. If you cannot download updates, please get back to me.
HP Recommended

The notebook is up to date, according to the Windows 10 statement.

Anyhow, it does not work well, therefore I decided to downgrade to Windows 7. Now it works again as it is supposed to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.