Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been changing some drivers and suddenly removed my old wi-fi adapter driver. So i found new one on the HP site, installed it then. But my laptop can not see any wi-fi networks and when i use Windows Troubleshoot it says that there is a problem with Wi-fi adapter driver but can not fix it. I tried different versions of this driver but nothing changed. My laptop is pavilion dv6-3020tx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have done anything I would have done. I wonder if it is a hardware problem?

What if you back up your files, and do a system recovery to the factory settings? 

That would be the only thing left to try that I can think of.

Paul

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unistall your wireless adapter driver, check the uninstall driver box.

...and try this one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. But still, the same. After this driver my Network Adapter becomes Atheros 802.1 adapter and thats it, there is no wi-fi network and Windows Troubleshooter says there is a problem with the driver.

HP Recommended

just in case, i have Windows 7 x64 and recently i have updated BIOS. The Wireless assistant shows WLAN Enabled, f12 button light is turned on... But WLAN adapter itself seems like just doesnt exists.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You have done anything I would have done. I wonder if it is a hardware problem?

What if you back up your files, and do a system recovery to the factory settings? 

That would be the only thing left to try that I can think of.

Paul

HP Recommended

Yeah it works.. kinda weird anyways.. thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

At least you got it working again.

HP Recommended

I'm having a very similar issue.  My wifi will suddently disconnect.  The troubleshooter resolves the issue, but it's very annoying to have to do this every 30 minutes or so.  It loves to drop Skype calls as well.  I just installed the recommended driver, and hope that resolves the issue.  Do you know why it's not listed on the recommended drivers list?  I have a Pavilion dv5-2035dx.

Thanks,

Sophia

HP Recommended

Hi, Sophia:

Since I don't work for HP, I cannot speak on behalf of why they don't always keep the drivers updated for their consumer based PC's, but it seems to be commonplace.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.  Unfortunately, the latest driver did not do the trick.  I'm still stuck with being dropped from the web every 30 min or so.  I'd appreciate and welcome any other advice/tips you might have.

Thanks,

Sophia

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.