Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just bought an HP Pavillion laptop and am also having trouble connecting to my home wireless. I've been successful in connecting through an ethernet directly to my broadband modem, and at a friend's house my HP recognized and connected right away to their wireless.  It seems limited to my home wireless.  It recognizes the wireless but won't connect.  My old laptop with XP connects just fine.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my tx2 laptop. WiFi worked fine under Vista but when I upgraded to Windows 7, the laptop could see wireless access points but refused to connect to any of them, saying that my WiFi had been disabled by HP Wireless Manager. The hardware appeared fine and was enabled in Windows Device Manager. I opened Wireless Manager but could not re-enable my Wifi (although the Bluetooth was enabled and working fine). On the basis of a hint I found in another forum, I removed Wireless Manager and rebooted, but this had no effect. Finally, I rebooted the laptop in "Safe Mode with Networking" and the laptop recognized and connected to my wireless network. Then I rebooted into full Windows 7 and it's still working fine.

I don't know why this should have worked, but it did. In retrospect, I probably didn't need to spend the time and effort removing HP Wireless Manager, but so far there seems to be no ill effect from its being gone.

Hope this helps,

Stan

HP Recommended

I have hp laptop compaq 6830s.I can"t connect to the internet  for a few days now.I find few free networks and all it"write is:PROBLEM WITH WIRELESS ADAPTER OR ACCESS POINT.I have windows 7 and before i never has any problems.I thougt it was because Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN but it wasnt because i bought usb adapter tp-link and it still wont working..PLEASE HELP!

HP Recommended

I have this same laptop, did you ever get the issue fixed? Trying to figure out what is wrong. WOuldnt be so frustrating if I couldnt get online at all, but I get on one minute and when I try to get on a few hours later it tells me cant find network or to check wireless connection and access points. Driving me nuts!!

HP Recommended

I was working with HP Support. Before they said they would send me a replacement wireless card, they wanted me to set the computer back to factory. Even though I told the tech that I had disable the wireless card and used a USB based Wireless solution with no problem. I am having the same EXACT problem as other folks are reporting here. What do I need to do to get the replacement card. I am a computer professional that has been doing this for 30 years. I know a hardware from a software problem.

HP Recommended

I like the others, have this problem up-graded from Vista to 7prem. My connection kept dropping and then just quit connecting altogether. I ended up purchasing a Medilink usb connected right away. This is indeed a software problem that HP refuses to update. They know and they don't care. This is the LAST HP product I will buy.

HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter/Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I have a HP Pavilion dv7, and Windows 7 Premium. I 'm constantly getting error messages that explorer can't connect to this web page. Code 10. I'm constantly refreshing the page sites I'm on. I've been on the Microsoft Forum's and numerous other forums ,and tried I don't know how many solutions and still haven't gotten anywhere. I went on device manager,bios, and several other things to try and fix this. Installed and uninstalled it, nothing seems to work. When I run all the troubleshooters,it says it's running  properly, but the local administer disabled it.What does this mean ? It won't take updates. The Ivp6 is connected. Please help!

HP Recommended

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH PRESSARIO CQ 62-231NR.I MADE A DOWNGRADE TO XP WITH PATIENCE AND PAIN AND THIS AND THE GRAPHIC CARD ARE THE LAST ISSUES TO RESOLVE.ANY ADVICE IS MUCH NEEDED.

HP Recommended

You all may find this interesting, it's a similar issue with a little extra

I too have this as one of my MANY issues with my "REPLACEMENT" G60.  Yes, my first laptop ended up being returned and replaced.

Have an Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n Here is the thing, I connect to the network, all is well but then I was noticing issues with my Dell XP signal and connection, then the HP's connection also degraded severely.  When attempting to update the Atheros drivers (2006 was the version listed at this time), Win7 displayed an error that it found the software but was unable to install because there was no driver selected for the set or element.  Registry shows Invalid DWORD>Properties>Error Opening Key>error preventing opening, Access denied.  Then the MS Virtual WIFI miniport Adapter (used to combine multiple connections) returns error 43.

Ran the Windows 7 internet router test from Microsoft site and all passed but the "multiple connections" which means that if 3 or more devices are connected to the router, it can choke up and slow the connection.  No reason to associate the router with any of these issues.

Tech Support, no help because the only thing I'm ever told to do with ANY problem, except for one Tech is to Restore.  This is strictly a work computer (NO WAY, ANYMORE).  Too much stuff to have to deal with and I don't have time to redo all that I've done thus far as far as my programs, history and documents.  Also, the fact that Windows won't do a system backup because of the optical drive.  Anyhoo, I Generated a Health Report and it found that the adapter was using 3,205,536 bits but has capacity of 150,000,000.

So, I uninstalled the adapter from Device Manager, Uninstalled the Atheros software from Programs and Features, restarted.   Began new install from the swsetup folder and ODDLY ENOUGH, it came to a stop because it Windows was waiting for the Adapter to be plugged in.  :smileysurprised:This notice was from the device stage manager.  Hmmm, it's already in.  So had to eventually continue the install and it was showing "DEVICE NOT READY". So, this tells me that there is a problem with the software for sure.  This particular adapter model is NOT available currently through Atheros, so possibly the Hardware too.:smileymad:

As I stated, I could tell you of the other issues I have with this BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT machine, but we would all be here quite a while.  So I have submitted a case ticket and we'll see how it goes.  I had to go to the top in order to get this replacement and when working with Winstron on the Presario, I was informed that the G60 as well has had issues.  Winstron is the Motherboard supplier. 

Just thought I would add a little extra information to the mix in hopes that someone can find a solution soon.  I have also noticed that no HP rep.'s have responded to this thread and this tells me they too are clueless as to a fix.

Seems to me that HP software, hardware is just as buggy as the Vista OS and would love to know who their programmers are.  Though the hardware isn't all their own, their OEM setups are not working.

Also, I found in the log files for the initial setup on this system, there are several errors (not resolved, just ignored) before it even left the distribution center and of course this adapter was one of the devices affected.

So, I will pursue a fix for this system and if not COMPLETELY resolved within 3 months, I will take the next step and begin legal action.

Oh, by the way, this new system is also reading the memory incorrectly and is identical to the issue of my Presario which was found to have the memory cards TOTALLY MISMATCHED.  There was one 6400 and one 5300.  They are backwards compatible but not with each other, with configuration.  I was also informed that HP was notorious for this mistake when building the systems.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.63, 3/8/2010
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
HP Recommended

I have the same laptop and same problem. I purchased the laptop for Christmas last year and have been through different routers (believing they were the problem), I've spent hours with tech support with HP, Windows, as well as, the weekends I've spent searching forums trying different suggestions. I've reinstalled Windows 7; I've had my internet provider out to the house. This is absolutely crazy. Just recently my warranty ran out. Two days after it ran out, I'm told that I should have sent it back to HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they want nearly $300.00 to repair the thing. I'd like to know if anyone out there has had any success.  And although we all see the same problem in all these forums (wireless not connecting), HP AND Windows both insist when I speak with them that my problem is the first time they have heard of such a thing. [text removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.