Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Let's try this message again.  My last one was removed.

I have the same laptop and same problem. I purchased the laptop for Christmas last year and have been through different routers (believing they were the problem), I've spent hours with tech support with HP, Windows, as well as, the weekends I've spent searching forums trying different suggestions. I've reinstalled Windows 7; I've had my internet provider out to the house. This is absolutely crazy. Just recently my warranty ran out. Two days after it ran out, I'm told that I should have sent it back to HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they want nearly $300.00 to repair the thing. I'd like to know if anyone out there has had any success in getting the wireless to work?  And although we all see the same problem in all these forums (wireless not connecting), HP AND Windows both insist when I speak with them that my problem is the first time they have heard of such a thing. 
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion g6.  Most of the time it will not automatically connect wirelessly.  When I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says Problem with wireless adapter or access point - fixed.  My other devices connect with no problem.  By the time I call HP, of course my warranty had expired.  Can someone help me?

HP Recommended

Problem with wireless adaptor or access point. whats the solution

HP Recommended

Hello bennyc1990.  I understand you're having some trouble with your wireless connection.

What version of Windows are you using?

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.

A good place to begin is to remove the driver and allow Windows to reinstall it.  Try the following.

1. Go to your Device Manager.
  2. Expand the "Network adapters" section.
  3. Right click on your wireless card and select "Uninstall."
  4. After it completes you should reboot your computer.  When Windows loads it will automatically reinstall the device.
  5. Verify whether the problem persists and post the result.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  I hope you're having a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Zak I recently bought a hp laptop from a friend and have been having a very difficult time having it connect, or stay connected to a wireless network.  I have reformatted, changed some things around, reinstalled drivers all to find the same problem.  This laptop is very odd to me, because it has 2 network adaptors.   I believe the laptop is a Pavilion-dv5... from looking at the label underneath the laptop.  Would appreciate any help, i also unistalled the adaptors restarted, still same thing.  Thanks.

Oh by the way, the other computers on my network connect fine wirelessly.  When I am  able to get the laptop on it just drops connection randomly, im not sure if it is switching back and forth between the two adaptors integrated or what but this is only on occasion because I really only got this to use at work and it doesn't want to connect here at all.  Feel free to email my account on my profile.  Thanks Again  - Zach

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.