Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my laptop says "unable to connect to proxy server" when I try to get on the internet.  I am using Windows8; product #eok23ua#aba

my internet provider said I needed to contact you.  How do I reset this? or fix this problem

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Taylor56.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-f023cl Sleekbook and not being able to connect to the Internet. Here is a link to wireless network troubleshooting.
In this document Cannot connect to the wireless networkor to the Internet and then please go to Step 5: Connect to a working and compatible network.

Also under you internet options you could look under Connections. Never dial a network should be clicked and click on LAN settings uncheck Proxy server apply and ok.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Go to your Internet settings in your browser and open "Internet properties" or "change proxy settings". Click the connections tab then click the LAN Settings button, uncheck all boxes (if needed) then press "OK". Finally click "Setup" for Internet connection and press the "Browse Internet Now" option and your problem should go away.

-Cdawg826
HP Recommended
I forgot, close all tabs that say they are unable to connect to proxy server.

-Cdawg826
HP Recommended

i have done all the items listed for this proxy prf oblem and i am still getting the message of check internet connection.

please advise what else i can do

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.