Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 n258tx
Microsoft Windows NT

when i have connected to the network sometimes its automaticaly disconected. it shows LIMITED. not conected in the network bar. But the wifi network is working properly. full strength!  Something weird going on here and my internet is no use!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @pradeep777, 

Thank you for letting me know that you have Windows 10 on your Notebook. In light of the new information, here is a document for you. Please follow all of the steps in the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.  

Have you tried to connect using Ethernet?

Does that connect fine?

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working?

Have you done anything new lately? Windows updates? Downloaded a new program/app? 

Are you receiving any error messages?

Is there a red X on the Network Adapter in the Device Manager?

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager as I suggested in my previous post? If not, please do the following: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

There is a Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver available that was updated on May 22, 2016. Here is the download for that driver: sp72517.exe

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. 

I hope this helps! 

Let me know how this goes :). 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi there @pradeep777, 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I took a look at your HP Pavilion 15-n258tx Notebook PC Driver's Page and I do not see any driver's available for the Microsoft Windows NT Operating System. 

Did you try to do a System Restore back to a time when there was no issue present?

Please try to uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Click Uninstall.

If none of those work to resolve the issue for you, the only other thing I can do is give you the Microsoft Support Lifecycle. There is an FAQ's section that may be of benefit to you. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

helloo..

It is not the NT operating system. I have selected that by mistakenly. Then i have posted a new post by correct it as the windows 10 OS. But u guys have removed the post that is corrected one and answered to the previous post. Problem still remains. I hope u will be able to find a solution for my notebook windows 10.

anyway thankz for the your corporation...

I realy appreciate the service... 

THANK YOU..

HP Recommended

Hi there @pradeep777, 

Thank you for letting me know that you have Windows 10 on your Notebook. In light of the new information, here is a document for you. Please follow all of the steps in the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.  

Have you tried to connect using Ethernet?

Does that connect fine?

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working?

Have you done anything new lately? Windows updates? Downloaded a new program/app? 

Are you receiving any error messages?

Is there a red X on the Network Adapter in the Device Manager?

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager as I suggested in my previous post? If not, please do the following: 

• Click Uninstall.

There is a Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver available that was updated on May 22, 2016. Here is the download for that driver: sp72517.exe

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. 

I hope this helps! 

Let me know how this goes :). 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hii there...!!

Thanks for your kind coroperation and I'm realy appreciating your help. 

sorry for the late thanking and that doesn't mean I do not response to your contribution. 

And again I thank you a lot for the help and that guidence solved my issues. 

Bye 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey! 

Thank you for letting me know that the solution I had provided to you worked! I appreciate you responding to let me know. 

Have a great week 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Good day,

I have followed the instructions as decribed and I have the latest version of the driver installed.

Stil I am experiencing sudden loss of wifi, sometimes my laptop will not connect for up to two days.

It is not a wifi issue of signal strength issue as my wife uses her Apple laptop without any of these issues during the times I am experiencing these issues.

This is reallyy frustrating and HP need to get this solved.

My laptop details are as follow:

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC

serial number: (removed content)

Product number: K4F28EA#ACQ

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

HP Recommended

Hi @PhilipvdBerg,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with connectivity on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Do you experience frequent wireless disconnects or has it stopped working completely?
  • Have you updated the bios and the wifi drivers for the Realtek wifi adapter?
  • Did you try to update the Wi-Fi adapter driver from device manager?
  • Does it work with a Hardwired Ethernet connection?

For now please try these steps: It looks like a driver issue.

Please check if you are able to go online with a hardwired Ethernet cable connected to the computer. If you are, then please follow these steps:

Otherwise please simply do this:

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> network adapters>then select the network adapter drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

These links are good for troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no me aparece ningún adaptador de red para mi hp450

HP Recommended

@Erickseg

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.