Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

J ai un probleme je n ai plus mon ralink et j aimerai le ravoir et mercie a vous tous les amis 🙂

HP Recommended
Vous pouvez essayer les forums français trouvés sur le lien ci-dessous.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hello. The link for the driver shown above

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-116...

Corrected my problem. All driver versions except this one failed to properly provide connectivity on my pavillion g6-2248.ca

The driver listed on windows update also failed.

Thank you very much for providing this link. HP should make this available from HP support assisstant update program.

Have a great day!!

HP Recommended

can you spell the driver (working with your windows 7),

HP Recommended

Hi, did you solve the problem of the inability to connect to a 802.11g network or the problem of the underperformance of the adapter. if it is the latter, how did you solve it?

Thanks

HP Recommended
The Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter on my envy dv6-7214nr is underperforming. it cannot really utilize the internet on a wireless network when the signal is below 3 bars. if it connects to the net, it is very slow. my sister is using a G6 notebook and she is able to go even further away from the router and use the internet at full speed. my old laptop could also connect successfully. i don't know what the problem is.
HP Recommended
jude8,

Are you also using Windows 8?

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. Yes i'm also using windows 8. my product number is C2L40UA

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

hi, I have HP2000 2313 TU notebook. I also have problem with wifi adapter. Ranlink RT3290 Wifi adapter is on my notebook. Problem is that it works very poorely. My friend's laptop get full speed in room where as i have to sit near the router to get that much speed. Also it looses internet connectivity within few minutes. Help me!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.