Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi eeveryone,

Some can help me!

I bought a new laptop HP Pavilion g7.I got Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter but my problem is that I can only connect to 802.11 n network and I can not use 802.11 g wifi.When I trying to connect 802.11 g wifi it says limited can not download any webpage but I should use it with this Ralink 802.11 bgn adapter yes???

I have already updated the Wifi adapter but didn't help I turned off every firewall and antivirus software and I have already writing by manually IP address ,subnet mask etc...I got window 8 software.

But the funny thing is with my old laptop what has windows 7 I can connect without any trouble to 802.11 g wifi!!!!!

I'd like to use 802.11 g because the signal strength is stronger than 802.11 n .I hope I can receive the signal from 802.11 g  wifi network somehow.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

try maybe to reinstall windows and check how it works with no programs installed

u can also restory to your factory windows settings to check

View solution in original post

82 REPLIES 82
HP Recommended

hi     just follow my steps  after conecting your comp to internet using a cable 

Control Panel     \All Control Panel Items        \Troubleshooting       \Network and Internet  

their you can see   network adapter

click on that and follow steps and fix  the problem   ,,mk sure that your system is connected to internet using cable  best of luck

<<<------DONT 4GET TO CLICK ON THE KUDO STAR ON THE RYT SIDE TO SAY THANKS IF I HELPED YOU .
I AM NOT AN HP EMPLOYE ,SO  YOUR RESPONDS GIVE ME INSPIRATION TO CONTINUE IN THE FORM.......

HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all I'dont have internet cable if i would have it I would not writing here.

I wanted to use only Wifi!!!

HP Recommended

DEAR   i understood what you needed

you hav to follow my method if you need to fix your problem eazly,(GETTING A CABLE FROM ANYONE  IS NOT A BIG DEAL)

or you can purchase a one  its not that much costly and you better keep one for your future needs.....

best of luck

<<<------DONT 4GET TO CLICK ON THE KUDO STAR ON THE RYT SIDE TO SAY THANKS IF I HELPED YOU .
I AM NOT AN HP EMPLOYE ,SO  YOUR RESPONDS GIVE ME INSPIRATION TO CONTINUE IN THE FORM.......

HP Recommended

My problem i can not get to the router  because this is the public router not just mine.The router it's too far for me.

I want to fix my Wifi.Thanks

HP Recommended

i m so sorry that i am not able to help you,,i am not a professional to give you more ideas

HP Recommended

Much Kudos to your suggestion of troubleshooting.

I have a question regarding the performance of the Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn Wi FI Adapter :

I have measured consistently a 66% performance level for downloads of the Adapter compared to Cable, USB Adapter (Belkin F9L1103V1) and another Laptop running wireless connection to an Wireless N router.

I have tried the network toubleshooter and searched of latest driver update for the Windows  8 HP Envy dv6 notebook I am using, could find no problem and no further updates.

Wiith all things being equal - do you know if these Adapters consistently underperform by 1/3 ?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be most welcomed.

Thank you

dave

HP Recommended

Hi

I am also facing simialr problems. But I am able to connect to some free wifi outside not with hoe router.

HP guys are not able tp resolve it for last 2 weeks

HP Recommended

Hello,

Download the last driver from the link and see  if that works

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-116...

HP Recommended

Hello!

You saved my life! after a whole week trying to figure out what was wrong withit, I followed your instructions and now my wifi connection works perfectly! 

Appreciate your help!!

thank you very very much.

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.