Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem,  my HP 15-r016tu Notebook PC  won't connect to  wireless internet.  When placed close to the router I could  barely see 2 bars  of signal strenth but speed is very poor fluctuating below 10 at times. I am confinced it is a hardware failure of the Ralink rt3290 network adapter.  Initially I thought it was incompatibility with windows 10 but I restored the OS back to windows 8.1 but still having the same problem. Nearly all basic troubleshooting did not work for me.  Hp website did help either. It is still under warranty and I am sending it for repair. I must say I am not familiar with the brand Ralink as all other computers I have had other brands like realtek. 

HP Recommended

As i posted two weeks ago, I supposed that the problem was the Ralink RT3290 adaptor. HP has changed it and now the laptop is working propertly... so i was right 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back re the outcome and glad to know that problem has been resolved.  I am currently getting some assistance on the forum and raised the same question with regard to the Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn driver failing and may need to be replaced. 

HP Recommended

I have sent the notebook for repair and got the adapter replaced with a new and different one (realtek) and now it is working perfectly with no internet connection problems whatsoever.

HP Recommended
my HP pavilion 15 e002au Windows8.1 wifi and Bluetooth not working. plz help mi
HP Recommended

Yo estuve presentando el mismo problema con mi adaptador rt3290 aunque en w8.1 lo unico que hice fue irme a mi router y aumentar la potencia, de esta manera rara vez tenia problemas con el wifi, no pasaba de que lo pusiera en modo avion por unos momentos y desactivara el modo avion, reiniciando asi el adaptador y me funcionaba bien, ahora que actualice a w10 el problema se hizo mas persistente e incluso hace unos momentos me paso lo mismo que ti tuve que estar conectado por cable, de tal manera que encontre este foro, al igual que tu busque los drivers pero antes de tener que comprarlo en linea, decidi buscar todas las posibles soluciones y en el centro de soluciones de windows me indicaba que era problema del driver asi que fui a entrar directamente en el comando devmgtm.msc (administador de dispositivos) e hice lo siguiente.

las instrucciones las pondre en ambos idiomas
1-. windows +r
2-. ingresa el comando devmgtm.msc / enter to devmgtm.msc

3-. desgloza la pestaña adaptadores de red / lower the flange: network adapters.

4-. click derecho en el rt3290 / right click to rt3290

5-.  buscar actualizacion en linea y actualizar / search online upgrades and upgrade

6-. repetir paso 4 / repeat pass 4.

7-. deshabilitar y despues habilitar el adaptador / disable and enable the adapter.

8-. repetir paso 4/ repeat pass 4

9-. selecciona propiedades / select properties.

9-. opciones avanzadas/ advanced options

10-. selecciona 802.11n de soporte Adhoc y activar/ choose 802.11n of support Adhoc and enable. 

11-. selecciona itinerancia de sencibilidad y aumenta la potencia al maximo o almenos mas alto que lo actual /
choose roaming sensivity and increases to the maximum.

Al momento de esto se volvio a activar el wifi, el cual no quiera habilitarse y ahora todas las redes que antes me aparecian muy debiles incluyendo la mia estando a menos de 3 pies, me aparecen con muy buen señal y no he tenido ninguna desconexion hasta el momento.
espero te sirva saludos.

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

tuve el mismo problema que tu revisa el ultimo comentario del post. 

HP Recommended

tuve el mismo problema que tu revisa el ultimo comentario del post. 

HP Recommended

@Omar1996

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I Work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.