Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Will this update work for a dv62-7000 Pavillion I am constanaly loosing my internet conection. I always need to disconnect and then reconnect with Netgear1.

HP Recommended

I am a computer professional/softwere developer and after many frustrating hours of troubleshooting this adapter I have found that it will not work on 802.11b with excellent signal strength where all other devices will. I have used two brand new Hp Pavilion g6's running Windows 8 on two different routers in different towns with the same results. All drivers/firmware were verified up to date.  Hp technical support spent hours on it to no avail.

I have found that reducing the signal strength by moving away and putting a couple of walls in the path and the issue resolves itself.  Switching to 802.11g also seems to resolve the issue.

The symptoms are that the connection will work for a few pages get slow and then just stop. Windows says everything is fine with the connection and adapter but the data stops flowing. It is the internet application (internet explorer, windows store, etc) that reports that it can't comunicate. Restarting the adapter gets you another few pages.

This post is submitted in hopes that it may help others. I have no issue since I returned both computers and bought something else.

HP Recommended

Hi

RT5390 doesn't support 13th channel, if you set up your router for "up to 300" and choose 9+13 or 13+9 channels, just simply change them for other couple (1+5, 5+9... or whatever except 13th). Check you network with inSSIDer free software, you'll see where there are no crowd :-). I t resolves many problems!

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Greg

HP Recommended

@barbbonczek wrote:

I am using an Hp 2000 Notebook PC, and the wireless adapter that came installed on the computer is a Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.  I have run the driver update tool, and it says that I have the most up to date driver installed.  I have also run the "Diagnose Problem" tool, and it says that there are no problems.  However, the computer constantly looses internet connection.  I assume it has something to do with the wireless adapter, because all of the other wireless devices in the house have no issues. The operating System is Windows 7.  I am somewhat tech savvy and can normally figure out issues by just playing with it for a while, but this one has me dumb founded, and its extremely annoying when you're trying to do something and you just loose connection and have to start all over again. Please help!!!

HP Recommended

Hello:

I just purchased a HP M7-1015dx running Windows 7.  While the ethernet connection functions perfect, the wi-fi will not connect.  I spent two hours with a HP tech yesterday to no avail.  After all was said and done, he did a complete recovery of my system which accompished nothing.  To top it off, his answer was, "...contact your ISP because there's nothing wrong with the computer."  Well, that did it.  I had my wife fire up her Kindle and access the wireless portion.  NOT A PROBLEM!  To ensure the problem is the computer (the WLAN card), we went to our local watering hole with the computer and attempted to access their network.  No connection.

The Ralink Rt5390 is "seeing" the networks.  However, it will not connect to any network.  I even downloaded the updated driver as indicated in this forum.  Nothing.  I believe the Ralink is bad order.

ANY help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

@DOTCHIEF,

Turn the notebook on and press F8 about once a second and select Safe Mode with Networking from the menu.

Does it still not connect in Safe Mode with Networking?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

The link is not available anymore!I have the same problem as the one mentioned above.I find it really hard to go on working with my HP.A quick solution would be really welcomed.

HP Recommended

Hello ionutalpha.

Which message (they are all numbered to say post X of Y) contains the link which you're trying to use?  I can likely find the information for you elsewhere once I have an idea of which document it was.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

My issue is very simple and is mentioned already up above:Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter will not stay connected..it crashes every5-10 minutes.. the only way to start it back is to take the battery out and to put it back again...which will of cource end up into destroying the machine..

any ideas?

HP Recommended

i have clicked on the link and it brings me to a screen to sign up and its not letting me sign up. my wi fi adapter just disappeared and my computer just went out of warrinty and hp support was very very rude and would not help me. i do not have the money to give them to fix my computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.