Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My Notebook G7 1365eo is just over a year old, the warranty ran out... and now it crashed. First the battery wasn't working lately. Then yesterday  I wasn't able to start it, so I did a system recovery to factory settings. And now the Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter is red all the time so I have to use a cable. I uninstalled it and downloaded a new driver - still not working. And the pc is sooo slooow... what on earth? *frustrated*

Deeply grateful for any help. 

HP Recommended

cont...

I now ran a memory test: Pass and a Hard disk test: 303. Does this mean I have to replace the hard disk? How come? 

HP Recommended

URGENT HELP NEDEED................i formated my HP Pavilion g6-1d48dx Notebook PC, after which i tried installing my network driver unfortunatly for me, my ralink rt5390 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter refused to install am left with only the realtek PCIe family controller....which sucks cos i cant use my wlan...tks 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem!  It's like clockwork.  After 10 minutes, the adapter loses signal and I cannot get back onto the internet unless I restart my computer.  I've looked everywhere for a solution.  I installed updated drivers, etc. but nothing is working.  I'm thinking that since my computer is so new that I'm just going to have to return in.  Sorry I couldn't offer any solution, but at least you're aware that many people are having your exact same issue!

HP Recommended

i tto hav the same wifi adapter in hp envy m4 notebook..the problem is that it doesnt show all the wifi networks available whereas the acer laptop in the same roo, shows many...and even if it shows one or two it hatrdly connects to it and is very skow whereas in the acer its so fast..i tried installing the latest driver provided by hp technical supporter..even the problem is the same...can i replace the wireless card with Qualcomm atheros ar5b22 model??

HP Recommended

I am using an Hp 2000 Notebook PC, and the wireless adapter that came installed on the computer is a Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.  I have run the driver update tool, and it says that I have the most up to date driver installed.  I have also run the "Diagnose Problem" tool, and it says that there are no problems.  However, the computer constantly looses internet connection.  I assume it has something to do with the wireless adapter, because all of the other wireless devices in the house are ok.  Please help!

HP Recommended

can i replace this wifi card with atheros ar5b22 wireless card?is it compatible in hp envy m4-1015dx notebook pc?and please provide me the link to download the driver for atheros ar5b22 card for windows 8 in hp laptop?

HP Recommended

jnk

HP Recommended
I am kinds having the same problem but its letting me connect to wifi but telling me I'm connected with limited access and sometimes it says I have the wrong IP address...
HP Recommended

Hello maddyp,

What computer are you working with? what is the operating system? have you power cycled the router and computer?

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.