Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

now i'm sure that i have softap in my HP laptop yet i still coun't connect my mouse, hel pplease, thanks 😄

HP Recommended

Als far as I know all you need to do is follow the pairing directions that came with the mouse. If you just bought the HP WiFi Mouse I suggest that you try and return it.  I have not heard from anyone that has been successful with it.  In my case I had a few instances where it would not pair so I reinstalled the software and rebooted the PC with teh mouse turned on.  It would normally then connect.  My problem was when the laptop came out of sleep or hibernation.

HP Recommended

As this appears to be  a trending topic, I'll try to answer most of major faults reported to HP regarding HP WIFI mouse. 

Here are few points to consider:

• The mouse mainly requires Microsoft Windows 7operating system and WIN7 logo certified WiFi network adapter. This mainly means that eventhough your Notebook has Windows 7 installed, your wireless card also should be compatible alongwith it. 

• The Wi-Fi mouse requires the “SoftAP” feature built into Windows 7 to work, so older versions of Windows (XP, Vista, etc) are not supported. 

• The HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse will not work in Linux and also The HP QuickWeb function runs in a Linux environment  causing mouse not to be supported.

FAQ about HP WIFI mouse

• If the pairing wizard gives  an error “Unable to communicate with the Wi-Fi Adapter” , its because some older wireless adapters are not Windows 7 certified and do not support the SoftAP function built into Windows 7. This error also comes up when WIFI is disabled on the system.

• After installing the HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse software,  Internet Explorer can take a long time to load a webpage or website (after waking system from sleep mode or after first boot) ,  this mainly happens as there is an interaction issue between Internet Explorer and SoftAP (both  are Microsoft related ). 

The workaround for this issue is - Start Internet Explorer, click on the “Tools” menu, then click on “Internet Options”. Click on the “Connections” tab, then the “LAN Settings” button. On the LAN settings dialog, make sure that the checkbox titled “Automatically Detect Settings” is clear/unchecked, and then click “OK”. Sometimes the pairing wizard sees the mouse, but fails to pair. In case if this happens , kindly ensure Wireless card drivers are up to date.

The drivers can be updated using Windows update or from manufacturer's website (on NON-HP systems).In case you are using an HP system, kindly use HP Support Assistant or HP website to update it.                                                   

• When you shut down the PC and then restart it, sometimes the HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse does not automatically reconnect . This can happen if the PC has an Intel-based Wi-Fi adapter (Intel 5100AGN, etc), there is a known issue. If the system is powered down and restarted while the mouse is in the first 2 minutes of inactivity, the mouse will not reconnect. This is caused by a bug in the Intel driver and it has been resolved by driver update

If the PC has an Atheros AR9285 Wi-Fi adapter, there have been instances where the mouse does not re-connect after a PC restart. With older Atheros drivers (version 8.0.0.238), this problem does not seem to exist. However, newer drivers such as version 9.0.0.173 do exhibit the problem.  The only current user solution is to load the older driver version, or disable/and then re-enable the SoftAP module.

Disabling and re-enabling the SoftAP module can be done by opening a command-line Window (DOS box), and typing “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” <press enter>, then typing “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” <press enter>

•  For users getting the error - "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." , this mainly because of  a bug in windows. Please install Microsoft hotfix from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496820 to resolve the issue.

If anyone else has faced any other problems or issues, kindly post them here

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for stating you are an HP employee. Are you addressing this as a rep of HP or as a private individual?  If as a rep., I am very dissappointed in the time it has taken HP to respond to this issue. I have always been very positive regarding HP support services and warantee process, until this mouse issue. This failure to take ownership is a real black mark.

I will check out the network adapter and drivers and the hotfix to see if I can get the problem resolved.  Be aware, my mouse installs properlya dn runs well until the PC goes into Hibernation ro Sleep mode.  

HP Recommended

yea, before this mouse incident, i just loved hp that's why i willingly spent $2000 canadian dollar to buy this pavilion dv7, now i give up with this brand because of hp's bad customer service. apparently my uncle was right about HP having a very bad customer service 😞 time for other brands i guess 😄

HP Recommended

I checked my adapter and it is an Athemas AR5B97 and the driver is 9.0.0.202.  Since this did not match the specified adapter I then ran the Hot fix.  I also followed the Internet Options Connections deselect.  I then went to HP site and downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Mouse.  I installed the new driver and so far the mouse has reconnected after both Hibernation and Sleep modes.  I will try again over the next several days and then report back.

HP Recommended

did everything u did n made sure my laptop's specs are good to go yet no luck 😞

HP Recommended

Could you have a defective mouse?  I did call HP when the problems first started and they send me a new mous eat no charge.  Obviously, the new mouse was no better. I really won't considered the issue resolved until I have run successfully for a week or two.

HP Recommended
not detected XD
HP Recommended

@allenm28

Please do keep us posted about your situation 

@barnabas90

Probably if you provide some more information I might be able to help. Kindly provide additional details  found below

• Complete product/model number of your notebook
  • Wireless Card Model

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.