Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do you turn on wireless capability on a Pavilion DV7?  It was turned on and now it's not.  The wireless icon on the keyboard is lit orange.  It has been working  fine since I had it, but suddenly stopped. Everything I've tried points me towards turning on wireless capability, but I can't find anywhere that shows me how on this model.  Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Not exactly sure which dv7 model you have and there are some different implementations

If the icon that looks like an antenna is lighting orange try touching it (if it is located on the strip above the keyboard) or clicking it (if it is located on the F12 key on the keyboard).

Does this turn the LED blue and allow you to connect wirelessly?

if not - type HP Wireless Assistant in the search option on the start menu and launch it . It can provide some more details with regards to why/what/where your wireless may be turned off and what to do to resolve it

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Typing HP Wireless Assistant did it for my situation. The Troubleshooter indicated it was a HW switch! Not very helpful.

Thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended
I have a pavilion dv7 6 months old as well and I'm beginning to think it is junk. The wireless button f12 keeps staying orange disabled and I can't do anything to turn it back on! Beyond frustrating.
HP Recommended

Hi. Try to do Fn+F12 here. Good luck. 

HP Recommended
The fn+f12 key worked. Thanks
HP Recommended

HELP ME PLEASE

I Am Having Pavillion dv7 Notebook hp laptop ok when it oveer heated then i turn it on Later i see wireless capibility was off then i press the "Red Button Of Wirless Capibility On Side Of Voice Touch Button It Dosent Work"Help Me I Post This Message in other laptop of HP

HP Recommended

i had this problem for a few weeks and RESOLVED!!!! just download HP Connection Manager under the Software-Solution then installed it and it allowed me to turn on wireless via the software , has an off and on button and fix!!! i hope it helpful as it was for me !!

HP Recommended
Where do u download hp connection manager from?
HP Recommended

Installing the HP Connection Manager did help. I have cleaned my laptop and after that the wireless did not want to start. After using the button for switching it ON in the Connection Manager it went fine. It seems to be e known bug.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.