Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP X3000 Red wireless mouse
Microsoft Windows Vista

I've been trying to dowload the software to use this product.   I've downloaded it a few times now, and each time I do I'm instructed to restart the laptop, and when it restarts there is no sign of anything having been downloaded.   

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@GKL1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Wireless Mouse x3000. I read that you're trying to download the software for this mouse a few times and after restarting the laptop, there is no sign of anything that's been downloaded. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you downloading the software from the HP website for this mouse?
  • Is it the same software as shown in this link?
  • Is the mouse pointer detected and is the mouse working fine otherwise?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that there is actually no software that can be used with this mouse. The drivers available online at the HP website are the drivers (This package provides the driver for the HP 3005 pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator and also provides the video, audio, and network drivers. This package is available for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.) Supported device is HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator.

I would suggest to use your HP mouse without any drivers. The plug and play option in Windows will make the mouse work fine. 

The details steps to setup the mouse with images are available in this link.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message.  Yes the software is the same as in the link

i have followed the instructions and when I insert the USB the computer says it needs to locate a device driver, then in the bottom right corner it says the device is installing, and then says unidentified device installed successfully.  But it hasn't identified the mouse, and the mouse still doesn't work.  

So it's still not working!

HP Recommended

@GKL1

Thank you for replying with the information.  🙂

Seems like the plug and play is not working properly. I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Open Device Manager, type devmgmt.msc into the Run dialog, and press Enter. The Device Manager can also be accessed from the Control Panel or with a search from your Start menu or Start screen.
  • You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices. Each device with a problem has a little yellow exclamation mark over its icon. Such devices will often have the name “Unknown device,” but they’ll sometimes have a more descriptive name. For our purposes, the difference doesn’t matter. Although we may be able to see a name for the device, Windows doesn’t know what it is and we don’t know specifically which drivers we need for it.

Please consider the below image as an example only because the entries in your computer's device manager may look a little different.

device-manager-other-devices-withotu-drivers

• Now let’s identify the device. Right-click the unknown device and select Properties to view more information.

open-properties-window-for-unknown-device-in-device-manager

• Windows will inform you it doesn’t have the appropriate drivers — that’s error code 28.

windows-unknown-device-properties[4]

• Click the Details tab, click the Property box, and select Hardware Ids in the list. Windows displays a lot of other information about the device here, but the Hardware Ids will help you identify the device.

find-out-what-an-unknown-device-is-via-hardware-ids

• You’ll usually see a list of long strings of characters here. Just looking at them won’t tell you much, but they’re actually unique hardware IDs that correspond to the hardware.

view-unknown-device-hardware-ids-in-device-manager

• Perform a web search for the hardware ID using your favorite search engine. You should find the name of the piece of hardware associated with the unknown device, and that will give you the information you need to hunt down the driver. Or else let me know the name and I will try to locate the drivers it needs to work properly.

I will wait for your response. Thanks again! 🙂

​​​​

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your message

This was the list which came up under hardware lds:

HID\VID_3938&PID_1031&REV_0108&Col01
HID\VID_3938&PID_1031&Col01
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002
HID_DEVICE

If you are able to help locate these I would appreciate it

thanks Gemma

HP Recommended

Further to message above, I have been searching for some of these online.  I've ended up at Driver Navigator which indicates a list of things which need to be updated.   When I try and download them it tells me to add the license key, I'm not sure entirely what that means, but when i click on 'get license' it says 'cannot load XPCOM'.

Please let me know if this is the right thing to be doing or how else to resolve this.  

thanks 

HP Recommended

@GKL1

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your conversation with the other agent,

And it looks like we've gone way beyond our support boundaries to help you figure this one out,

Considering the issue is related to the installation of the drivers on your computer,

I recommend you try this mouse with an alternate computer to check if it works,

if it doesn't, you'll need to Contact HP so that we can get you a replacement (if covered by the HP warranty)

if it does, you'll need to Contact the manufacturer of your PC, so that they can help you install the device as it seems that there could be issues with the USB device drivers.

That said, If it's an HP computer, I'll need to know what the product name and number for further assistance?

Keep me posted, 
If the information I've provided was helpful, 
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.