09-03-2009 05:47 PM
09-03-2009 06:12 PM
usually its one of 2 things. if they have a secured(Password protected) network it usally means you entered the wrong password, or it can be your anti-virus software is blocking you. tell me more about your daufghters network if you can
09-05-2009 10:32 AM
I just bought hp pavilion dv4 series more than 1 weeks ago and encountered the similar problem "Wireless Acess : Local Only or Limited Access".
My house got few laptops ( Apple, Lenovo and Dell) and never had such problem,
I contacted HP Technical Support and has been advise to restore back my system to previous days. After restoring, wireless successful access to internet. But after I restart the PC, the problem occured again.
Sometime when I surfing internet, the wireless suddenly changed the status to Access :Local Only if I left my PC on idle mode for a while.
Not sure whether is HP Wireless application bug or Internet Explorer and Anti-Virus protecion issue.
Please help... thanks
09-06-2009 05:35 PM
Try a power cycle of the modem and the router.
Anytime a new device connects to a network ti should be power cycled so the ISP can resend IP information.
unplug modem and router, leave unplugged for 2 minutes, plug back in, reconnect to network after it comes online.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)