Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just got a HP Pavilion 11 x360 PC. The wifi range is horrible.  All my other PCs, laptops, phones get x10 times better wifi signal.

It only works a few metres away. All other products work perfectly arounf the house. Incuding other HP laptops.

Alreayd updated everything with the latest HP and Window updates. But nor luck!

Any suggestions?!?! Except taking the thing back?

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello alliantce,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the computer cannot connect to wireless devices far away. My first suggestion is a manual uninstall and reinstall of the wireless driver:

If not, you can try a manual reinstall of the driver:

1. Go into Device Manager, then Network adapters.

2. Right-click on the wireless driver, and select "Uninstall".

3. Restart the computer. This will force the driver to reinstall itself.

If that doesn't help, I would run the Network Check in the HP Support Assistant. Instructions for this are located in this document: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎

Please let me know the results of your troubleshooting. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem except it gave me "Limited Access" when it does connect. 

I restored windows, went back to old driver, downloaded a new driver manually with a newer date than the one that it used previously to update, and nothing really helps....  At least it got beyond the limited access issue for a few minutes on 1 network after I hard wired it to the network, then that came back, and ended up going to another network I have.

Got this as a open box from Best Buy, now I know why, may be taking it back.....

HP Recommended

I have the same issue wifi is extremely weak but I am not a tech guy at all.

any suggestions on getting support in Mexico? a number to call?

HP Recommended

Hey @GuillermoQ ,

You can contact HP Phone support in Mexico City at this number: 5258-9922, or Interior of the Republic: 01-800-474-6836.

You can also try going through these documents for weak wireless signals, if you're up to the task of course: 

10 Ways to Boost Your Wireless Signal.

How to resolve poor or no signal from a wireless router.

Why is my wireless signal strength so low?

8 Ways to Fix a Weak WiFi Signal

Let me know if you need anything else! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

just wondering what brand modem do you have? We were using a linksy with our HP ENVY x2 11-g010nr computers

and were only getting .9 mps  changed it with a new belkin 300n and the speed went up to 18mps.

HP Recommended

I know the problem has to do with driver. Version 5.0.46 of Ralink RT3290.  Some versions of the driver do this.

I am surprised HP still hasn't provided a solution to this problem. UNBELIEVABLE!

HP Recommended

Has any solution been found for this problem? It seems to be a common problem if you Google it.  The reception on this computer is pathetic.  I sit in a hotel room with my Ipad, Iphone and macbook pro all connected and working fine, while my HP sits useless.  Any suggestions on what to do with it would be helpful.  At this point, I wish  I would have taken it back right away.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Seen a few of these posts weak wifi signal and not many resolutions.  Try this.  I called an old wise Tech from my old job.  He told me it usually means the power needs boosting on wifi.  To change laptop power settings from HP recommended to High performance.  I did it and, so far, it has worked for me.  Try it.  Might chew up battery cycles, but better than the alternative.  I have mine plugged in anyway.

HP Recommended

Boostng power management to high performance has worked all evening for me.  Previously, I'd be resettng my connection every 10 minutes.  Hope it works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.