Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Excited to purchase this computer to find - - I have 0 access to bluetooth cababilities - I thought it would automatically be on the computer since it is 2016 ( what device doesn't come with bluetooth) 

I need help I have looked at so many settings - I am not a computer tech and certainly need some help hence is why I am here asking because maybe others too have the same question !!!

Please help me figure out how I can access the bluetooth and start using my Bluetooth speaker ---- THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I did mention on my reply: this piece of hardware only costs few dollars but stil an option. Yes, you need to read details before buying a machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SWTBTTRFLY4141

Unfortunately that 5 dollar bit of hardware is NOT pre-built on your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04936074

I remember I had to pay 7 dollars more for this built-in option. For your machine, a bit too late now, it may cost you $100 more if you wish to swap (given available part). Please consider the following option (or similar):

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au

(a lot cheaper elsewhere)

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hmmm - the very first couple of days I had bluetooth and than I did updates as it suggested and than nothing now - no bluetooth icons.. So I am puzzled..

HP Recommended

@SWTBTTRFLY4141 wrote:

hmmm - the very first couple of days I had bluetooth and than I did updates as it suggested and than nothing now - no bluetooth icons.. So I am puzzled..

Hi,

I think you have a very good imagination. The specs clearly says NO Bluetooth.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Well it was hooked up playing through bluetooth speakers and then after updates it had no bluetooth / it wont even hook up through USB - I find it interesting since I do not see anything in the specs regarding no BLUETOOTH and also 

it is 2016 - to think a computer company does not automatically have built in BLUETOOTH but yet tablets far less expensive have it.. I have always been a fan of HP but this by far is dissapointing. When I contacted HP support they makde it seem as if I merely needd to plug in a bluetooth speaker through the USB and it would work however it has not worked. So now that I have 2 of these expenisve computers and neither one have BLUETOOTH - I guess I know better next time to read every tiny detail and not BUY anything without a BLUETOOTH LOGO ! 

Thank you for your contribution to my question. 

HP Recommended

Well it was hooked up playing through bluetooth speakers and then after updates it had no bluetooth / it wont even hook up through USB - I find it interesting since I do not see anything in the specs regarding no BLUETOOTH and also 

it is 2016 - to think a computer company does not automatically have built in BLUETOOTH but yet tablets far less expensive have it.. I have always been a fan of HP but this by far is dissapointing. When I contacted HP support they makde it seem as if I merely needd to plug in a bluetooth speaker through the USB and it would work however it has not worked. So now that I have 2 of these expenisve computers and neither one have BLUETOOTH - I guess I know better next time to read every tiny detail and not BUY anything without a BLUETOOTH LOGO ! 

Thank you for your contribution to my question. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did mention on my reply: this piece of hardware only costs few dollars but stil an option. Yes, you need to read details before buying a machine.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Well, my imagination must be very good too, Because I had Bluetooth on this SAME model last week until I went to pair it wityh my Bose Mini Soundlink. It says right in the settings this computer HAS Bluetooth capabilities.Up until last week, I had an off/off toggle swirh to turn on Bluetooth and an icon would show even!  I don't appreciate us users of this computers being mocked, btw! Very unprofessional I'd like to add! My first time here and I am frustrated beyond belief! I would NOT have purchased this computer if it hadn't had Bluetooth. I have my Bose to use after all.  I KNOW it has Bluetooth as I remember the blip once my puter and Bose were paired,  and it was amazing to use with my Slacker Radio as I LOVE listening to music all day and I have an account thru Slacker too. And my Bose paired to this model type computer perfectly. Now I can no longer find the on/off toggle switch that was ALWAYS there at one time, but now it is missing!

However - - For you to insinuate users like myself and others are delusional about this stupid, nagging Bluetooth defect issue, is  a BAD judgement call. We know what we are talking about, you don't.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.