Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Use download manager otherwise reset notebook at factory setting then find out
HP Recommended

Try booting the notebook to "Safe mode with networking" and check for the speed. You can boot the notebook to safe mode by tapping F8 as soon as you power on the notebook. Check if you are able to get the expected speed in this option. If not, you might have to recover the computer to factory settings by doing a recovery which results is loss of all the data an the settings of the internet connection you had made. This step is the only last resort to find the cause of slow speed.

Let us know for more!

"I work for HP."
Click the Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem

Regards
Sreenag
HP Recommended

ill try the safemode thing but the computer is brand new. restoring the factory settings would be redundant. if safe mode helps any ill let you know

HP Recommended

All,

I have this SAME EXACT problem.  I just bought my Pavilion m6 three days ago and immediately noticed that the download speed was very slow.  Also, many of the things the folks are recommending on this site are not taking into account that the laptops are brand new, the settings are already the factory ettings, and things are not running in the background everytime we are trying to download.  And just like the original poster - I have my old clunky, almost dead laptop right here and it's downloading things 5 times as fast as my new laptop.

Also, I found another post online from a HP Pavilion user who bought a new laptop and it is downloading slow.

So, taking all this into account, A LOGICAL PERSON CAN CONSLUDE THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE PAVILION LAPTOP.  So, is there an HP employee that mans this site that can escalate this issue and come back with the offical HP response to why this problem is occuring?  I will definiately go online and rate the Pavilion low on the ratings sites if I don't get back a suitable answer.

HP Recommended

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!

Callmevegas, you are absolutely right! After about the 5th "solution" from these turkeys I realized these are canned answers and these guys are paid to keep recycling them for every problem. Just go look at some of their other threads. 
Truth is you bought a piece of JUNK. I gave mine to my 10 yr old son and said have fun.... but you can believe I have learned my lesson. I WILL NEVER BUY SO MUCH AS A CALCULATOR WITH TH LETTERS "" HP "" ON IT EVER!!! 

And you sir, callmevegas, get my "KUDOS" and "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to your reply

--always, Razen_Kain 😉

HP Recommended

If you have Bluetooth, go into Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth Radio driver.and then reboot. Worked for me.

HP Recommended

We have the same problem. Just bought (2 days ago) a HP Pavilion m6-1009TX notebook.  The download speed for downloading movies is extremely slow (58KB/s) in comparison to 1300KB/s with my Sony Vio laptop. After contacting the online help we went through some procedure/instructions which didn't help at all. Speed still extremely slow, only now we have another problem when starting the computer.... ahhh... We tested the download speed on another computer and had an excellent download speed of 1800 KB/s.  Contacted Optus for a speed test and got confirming that there is nothing wrong with out modem - speed test was excellent. So it must be the HP Pavilion m6.  ABsolutely frustrating to have a brand new computer (just 2 days) and already problems.

HP Recommended
Hi calmevegas
We have the exactly the same problem (see post below). We have spent already massive time to find a solution to this problem. I'm not going to get another 'try' with someone on the helpline, because meanwhile I'm convinced this problem can't be solved by getting another 'helpful advise' from the HP online support. I agree with you it is time to get a suitable answer / solution back from HP.
HP Recommended

Did you try disabling the Bluetooth radio driver? That worked for me. If you don't have Bluetooth, I don't know what else to try. I discovered the Bluetooth solution on another website after spending many hours trying to find a solution with HP support.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  But I don't have Bluetooth.  Wonder what the others have found out ......

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.