10-01-2011 05:57 AM
I've had this problem with my laptop's wireless connection for a very long time.
My internet connection will be fine---i.e. I have other devices on my wireless network that remain connected.
However, my laptop will spontaneously disconnect!
The volume levels will go berzerk and the wireless just turns off by itself.
I can always turn it back on again and it will reconnect fine, but then in another 30 seconds to a minute it'll do the same thing.
I'll reconnect and this whole thing will repeat 2-4 times before it settles down and stays connected.
This is most annoying especially when I'm trying to get work done.
I keep my laptops software up-to-date so I have no idea what the problem could be.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)