Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Smart Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, this is my first post so i hope i am doing this right!

Recently i have changed my wifi password on my router or my security key because the neighbors were using my wifi without me knowing.

Since the change, i can no longer connect my HP pavillion laptop wirelessly to the wifi uness i manually go to the router and do it from there.

Is there anyway to fix this? Each time i try to connect with the correct password it says 

"Some information may have changed since the last time you logged on, some additional information is needed"

Can someone please help me!

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Robbins52

There is!

There are seme step by step instructions on how to delete or "forget" a wireless connection's saved setting so you can connect to it fresh with your changes.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-delete-or-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

#HPExpertDay

This is tought as there are many factors that can be part of it. I would suggest to reset the router and then configure. You would require credentials to reset the router.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello @Robbins52

There is!

There are seme step by step instructions on how to delete or "forget" a wireless connection's saved setting so you can connect to it fresh with your changes.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-delete-or-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Some mighty fine instructions provided. Here is something else to check. Right-click on the network icon in the Task Bar. This is the bar located on the bottom of the diplay, typically houses your icons, open applications and stuff you may have pinned to the Taskbar. If you right-click on the "Open Network and Sharing Center," and a new box shoullabeled Wd open. If you find the Connections is already connected to your wireless network, click on the network. A box labeled Wi-Fi Status should pop up. Select the  Wireless Properties. Then Under the  Connection Tab, check the "Connect automatically when this network is in range.  This should keep you connected whenever you are near to your wireless router.

If, however, there is no connection, follow the next steps and you should be connected to your netowrk.

There are several items from which to access. Select "Set up a new connection or network." The option to choose is "Manually connect to a wireless network." You may need to re-add your network name, security type and encryption type. Your security key is the password you have selected for your router.

Typically, the box labeled "Start this connection automatically" will be filled. If not, select this option and continue. Once connected to the wireless network, you can change the connection settings in the box that pops when completed. Select "Change connection settings" and another box pops up. The box will most likely be called "(Network Name) Wireless Network Properties. Under the  Connection Tab, check the "Connect automatically when this network is in range.

Hope this resoleves your wireless issue!! Kindest Regards,

Patrick

--I am an HP Employee
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.