Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Notebook 15-n003T
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My wifi has suddenly got disabled and now It's not enabling. When I troubleshoot the problem it displays an error "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."
Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Nidhi_Verma, 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others.

My first suggestion would be to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Tool. At the bottom it will ask you questions to help you diagnose the issue. 

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

How long has this been happening for?

Did you try to do a System Restore back to a time when there was no issue present?

I understand that you are receiving an error message that says: "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter." 

Please try to uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

If so far, none of these steps have helped, I would suggest that you take a look at the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document and follow each step from beginning to end. 

Please use the HP Support Assistant network diagnostics or the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter and if you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Please don't forget that you can show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @Nidhi_Verma, 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others.

My first suggestion would be to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Tool. At the bottom it will ask you questions to help you diagnose the issue. 

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

How long has this been happening for?

Did you try to do a System Restore back to a time when there was no issue present?

I understand that you are receiving an error message that says: "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter." 

Please try to uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

If so far, none of these steps have helped, I would suggest that you take a look at the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document and follow each step from beginning to end. 

Please use the HP Support Assistant network diagnostics or the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter and if you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Please don't forget that you can show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I reinstalled the driver and it started functioning well. Thank You!!

HP Recommended

That is great news! Thank you so much for letting me know! 

Always here to help if needed :), 

Have a great week and weekend!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.