Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-al009ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my HP Pavilion 14-al009ur I have the following issue with WiFi connection: while on PSU the average ping to internet resources is 15-17ms, but once I switch PSU (Power Supply Unit) off ping immediately increases upto 200-240ms which is unacceptable for my applications. The only way to fix it is to turn PSU back on, but often I need to be mobile w/o any wires. There is no such issue with wired Ethernet connection, only with WiFi. I've installed the latest driver, turned off the energy saving, but that doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @IgorShepelev – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I read your post about the slow internet connection on your HP Pavilion notebook. I am happy to look into this issue for you!

First off, certainly do appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Let me take it from here 🙂

I believe changing the power options setting would do the trick here. You can also try changing the adapter settings from the device manager. Here are the steps listed out for you:

1. Change the power options settings:

• Go to Control panel - Power options
  • Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings".
  • Now, expand the "Wireless Adapter Settings". 
  • Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both battery & plugged in options.
  • Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.

2. Change the adapter settings from device manager:

Go to device manager by searching "Device manager" in windows search.

Expand the "Network Adapters option". Right-click on your wireless adapter and select "Properties".

Go to the "Advanced" tab 

Make sure these are the settings (Especially the last 2):

• 802.11n channel width for band 2.4: Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
  • 802.11n channel width for band 5.2: Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
  • 802.11n mode: Enabled
  • Fat channel intolerant: Disabled
  • Preferred band: No preference, or Prefer 5.2Ghz band
  • Roaming aggressiveness: Medium (or less)
  • Throughput enhancement: Disabled
  • Transmit power: Highest
  • Wireless mode: 802.11a/b/g
  • HT mode: VHT mode

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @IgorShepelev – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I read your post about the slow internet connection on your HP Pavilion notebook. I am happy to look into this issue for you!

First off, certainly do appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Let me take it from here 🙂

I believe changing the power options setting would do the trick here. You can also try changing the adapter settings from the device manager. Here are the steps listed out for you:

1. Change the power options settings:

• Go to Control panel - Power options
  • Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings".
  • Now, expand the "Wireless Adapter Settings". 
  • Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both battery & plugged in options.
  • Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.

2. Change the adapter settings from device manager:

Go to device manager by searching "Device manager" in windows search.

Expand the "Network Adapters option". Right-click on your wireless adapter and select "Properties".

Go to the "Advanced" tab 

Make sure these are the settings (Especially the last 2):

• 802.11n channel width for band 2.4: Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
  • 802.11n channel width for band 5.2: Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
  • 802.11n mode: Enabled
  • Fat channel intolerant: Disabled
  • Preferred band: No preference, or Prefer 5.2Ghz band
  • Roaming aggressiveness: Medium (or less)
  • Throughput enhancement: Disabled
  • Transmit power: Highest
  • Wireless mode: 802.11a/b/g
  • HT mode: VHT mode

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

"Maximum Performance on battery" option for wireless adapter has fixed the issue. Thanks a lot!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.