03-19-2017 07:40 PM
I bought a refurbished Pavilion 17T-G100 with Windows 10. I wiped it and put Win7x64 SP1 on it. Initially I had only loaded the AC-3165 wireless driver which didn't fully enable the interface. I then installed the Realtek driver from http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?s
In addition, the USB controller isn't show correctly either. It only shows the controller but no driver installed. It does not show the USB Root Hub. So my external USB drive (thumb drive or MyBook) isn't seen although the wireless HP mouse is. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
03-19-2017 07:51 PM
For the USB Controller, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below.
Wireless: There can be one of several different wlan cards that HP could have installed in your notebook.
Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.
That would be the wireless card in need of a driver.
Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID...
If the driver was installed but the device isn't working, check under the Network Adapters device manager category and post the name and model number of the wireless network adapter you see listed there.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)