Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Greetings

I've seem to lost all ability to connect to or even find a wireless signal.

Normally after I log on the wireless indicator light on the F12 key goes from orange (off) to white (on) but for some reason its staying orange. At this time I get a message saying “wireless hardware cannot be detected”.

If I hit the F12 button to turn on the wireless signal I get a HP box that says – wireless is turned off “The wireless devices on your computer are turned off. To turn on the wireless devices, press the wireless button”. I do this and the message goes away but the wireless indicator light is still orange and I’m getting no signal.

It doesn’t appear that my wireless router is the problem as I can’t detect any signal from my neighbors or when I take my laptop to work, as I did before this issue popped up. I’ve ran my HP Support Assistant and Troubleshoot – Network and Internet Connectivity – HP network Check, but it doesn’t find any type of wireless device. The wired connection still works.

My machine is running Windows7 Home Premium.

Thanks – Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

please reinstall your wireless driver in recovery manager window.

START> type RECOVERY in the search field> select RECOVERY MANAGER in the search list> under "I need immediate help" in the recovery manager window, please click on DRIVERS and APPLICATION REINSTALL > and Select your WLAN wireless driver in the list and hit INSTALL at the bottom right corner of the recovery manager window

please let me know if that works. 🙂

▬JM▬

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

please reinstall your wireless driver in recovery manager window.

START> type RECOVERY in the search field> select RECOVERY MANAGER in the search list> under "I need immediate help" in the recovery manager window, please click on DRIVERS and APPLICATION REINSTALL > and Select your WLAN wireless driver in the list and hit INSTALL at the bottom right corner of the recovery manager window

please let me know if that works. 🙂

▬JM▬
HP Recommended

Thanks, it did the trick.

HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem, but I can't find the WLAN driver in the list.
HP Recommended

I picked up the G7-2111nr yesterday.  I decided to reinstall Windows 7 to get rid of the bloatware etc...   I've got everything working except the wireless and bluetooth.  I'm assuming there has to be a certain cocktail of software installed in order to get the wireless working but I've not found it yet.   I've installed all software listed on this laptops driver/software list to no avail.  None of the drivers listed for wireless, including bluetooth, will install on this machine.  The installation pocesses just end abruptly.

I've even tried instaling the HP Wireless Assistant as well.  This software does detect the wireless and tells me its disabled.  I'm not getting anywhere with this and I've become very frustrated.  If I cant solve this then its back to the store for this thing.  

The wireless switch has no effect on the switches light color.  However, when pressed a notification says the wireless is enabled or disabled.   This has had no effect on getting a driver to install with either state of "on" or "off"

The wireless worked fine before I wiped the HD to reinstall Windows 7.

HP Recommended

hey I am facing same issue, did u find solution to ur problem?

HP Recommended

Watch: I found this in another forum here for other model, TRY IT:

( Maybe, who knows?....) ( I'm gonna try...

HP Tech support just walked me through fixing this problem.

1. remove battery and unplug power supply

2. press and hold power on button for 30 seconds

3. leave battery out but plug power supply back in

4. press power on button and then tap on the f10 key immediately (a number of times)

5. the bios setup menu appears

6. select reset defaults

7. select save and exit

System boots and the wifi key turns from orange to blue

HP Recommended

This choice

Select your WLAN wireless driver

does not appear in my list

HP Recommended

Computer loses wireless connection.  I could not repair as instructed because  "Select your WLAN wireless driver" did not appear on my drivers list

HP Recommended
@hugs2
I tried the BIOS thing but when I'm there I can't find the reset defaults button where is it located on the BIOS screen or wut do I press?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.