Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Gah! how easy. Worked for me! thanks a bunch!!!

ftr, i have win 8. laptop is a little over a year old. all of a sudden i couldnt connect to my network or ANY network. None found it said, light would not turn off from being orange. i updated 3 different LAN options i had on the list, just to make sure i fixed it 🙂 glad i dont need to replace the wifi card or motherboard. phew!

HP Recommended

FORGET about touching the motherboard  or wifi !!!

JUST BUY  A WIFI  USB    conector  by some  25$   and forget about the issue....  HP  is not giving a penny for our problem,  and if we go on worring, we are who losse the time...

tHANKS FOR ALL...

HP Recommended

BY THE WAY  ,  mine is not this model  but a  COMPAQ .   And it HAS THE SAME problem.....

So is a problem  that goes beyond the different models of HP  wireless or WIFI  ...

I give up,  bought a USB  WIFI,  and get peace...

HP Recommended

@hug2 wrote:

BY THE WAY  ,  mine is not this model  but a  COMPAQ .   And it HAS THE SAME problem.....

So is a problem  that goes beyond the different models of HP  wireless or WIFI  ...

I give up,  bought a USB  WIFI,  and get peace...

as far as i am aware of, hp and compaq parts are the same, no?

HP Recommended

Hi 2lilmeatballs,

I was reading the post about the Wifi adapters. They are not all the same.

We will ask for your model number to find the right specs for you computer.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Reinstalling a driver every time teh radio switch is toggled cannot be an offical solution.., Is this for real?

HP Recommended

i need the software for wireless issue on a  pavilion g7 series laptop.please send it.

HP Recommended

Hi akashkumarsri,

To confirm the issue with you, you are not able to connect to a wireless connection? Please provide further detail of the issue. So that I would be able to provide you with specific troubleshooting and software, what is the full model number of your computer. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. Also what is the current version of Windows that you are running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi!

when I try turned of my wifi with fn+f12 it totaly dissapeared. I've tried to turn my wifi on again with the same buttons but with no sucess. I've searched for alternative ways to turn it on ex through hp wireless assistance and windows mobility center but niether can detect my wifi. Basically it's like I don't even have wifi on this laptop.No wifi icon and no warnings or signs of disfuntional hardware. 

I've tried downloading new drives from HP's support site but all the installation ive tried so far just closes whitout finishing and whitout warnings.  i've also tried HP's restore functions to try and install the drivers that way but with no sucess. And even trying to restore to a previous backup point with windows backup and restore proved useless. although the wired connection works fine.

any help on this matter is greatly appricieted

my system specs

windows 7 64bit

HP pavilion g7 Notebook

g7-1032

Product nr LQ145EA#UUW

These are the only network adaptors listed in my device manager

Realtek PCIe Family Controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_166B103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_166B103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

Hamachi Network interface

hamachi

//Chris

HP Recommended

Hello woumba

I understand you are having wireless issues with your HP Pavilion g7-1032eo Notebook PC? You stated that you tried drivers but they close without finishing. Was it the sp55031.exe drivers that you tried? If not can you give them a try and see if they resolve your issue. If they do not work I would like you to try reinstalling your Chipset drivers first you can get your Chipset and other drivers for your Windows 7 64-bit operating system from HP Pavilion g7-1032eo Notebook PC Drivers. After your Chipset drivers are installed you may have to install ALL the other drivers, but you need to do the Chipset first.

I hope this helps resolve your wireless issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.