Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Im having to many issues with my network adapter, it sudenly disables the conection if the laptop is iddle or if I move it from the table to my bed, usually the second one. Sometimes it just disables the adapter and doesn't recognizes it, i remove the device and restart the laptop and it would work again. bt this time i have to search for the network and insert the key bla bla. 

Ralink RT5390F 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter

HP pavilion G7 notebook PC.. 2100's something

windows 8.1

Do you suggest me to remove it and install a new card adapter because i heard ralink is a very crappy card. 

are these in pag 41 the right ones for my laptop?

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03239410.pdf

HP Recommended

I can't believe it worked. Thanks for posting lol :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended
This suggestion did indeed work for me , thanks JM
HP Recommended
Go to eBay and get a network card for your Pavilion g7 they cost like $5.00 free shipping . I did this and my blue light came back my F12 button . Look up Hp Pavilion G7-2000 series WIFI wireless card you find them like under $6.00 .
Hope this helps :))
HP Recommended
I ran into this problem yesterday....
HP Recommended

We have a 2 year old HP Pavilion g7.  The airplane mode keeps coming on. If I turn the PC off & turn it back on, it work for a short time, then the light on the wireless indicator key turns orange again. I am running Windows 10, but it was doing this with Windows 8 also. Any solutions?

HP Recommended

I have a pavilion g7-1083nr notebook pc that has a red X where the wifi is .... It simple won't connect or scan for any available network. I try installing

multiple drivers to solve the problem but still shows red x. I even went as far as to reinstall windows but to no avail...... I tried reseting from the bios to defaults and still it's saying the same thing.... Device manager doesn't show any Network adapter need udating or errors. .........Network adapters .... Bluetooth Device ( personal Area Networt ), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocal TDI) and Realtek PCIe FE family controller...  I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate....... Please, can someone help me...... Thanks in advanced.

HP Recommended
My wifi button is also orange and it wont let me conect to anything have no idea have tried everything simple
It is a hp pavilion g7 seriese
HP Recommended

unfortuanately since I am unable to even get a connection at all due to this matter, I have been unable to even attempt anay sugestions that have been given.  I bought this laptop with Windows already loaded on it and unable to reload windows since I don't have disk.  So my problem remains unresolved.

HP Recommended
No elan found and need new battery anyway...totally sucking power after long period of nonuse.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.