Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am in need for the Wireless button drivers for Windows 7. It seems they are not available for this type of laptop (HP Probook 650 G2).

I have installed all other drivers. Wifi, bluetooth, HP hotkeys,chipset,...

The button on the laptop does seem to turn off the bluetooth connection but not the wifi. It also will not change color. (It stays white).

I have tried downloading the driver for Windows 10 and 8.1 but this gives me the same message. "Software is not intended for this operating system". Running the setup in compatibility mode does not work.

If i'm missing something please point me in the right direction.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@User_E123 wrote:

I am in need for the Wireless button drivers for Windows 7. It seems they are not available for this type of laptop (HP Probook 650 G2).

I have installed all other drivers. Wifi, bluetooth, HP hotkeys,chipset,...

The button on the laptop does seem to turn off the bluetooth connection but not the wifi. It also will not change color. (It stays white).

I have tried downloading the driver for Windows 10 and 8.1 but this gives me the same message. "Software is not intended for this operating system". Running the setup in compatibility mode does not work.

If i'm missing something please point me in the right direction.

Hi,

I think this laptop comes with Windows 8 or 10 by default so you won't get Windows 7 drivers for this laptop and the newer ones won't work correctly (only bluetooth, etc) or at all. I have got the 14" version (PB 640 G2) and Intel 7260AC works great on Sabayon linux. No Windows on this machine but I bet that the proprietary Windows 7 Intel drivers will definitely work on your laptop. Ethernet or Wifi should use only proprietary drivers as these are the latest ones directly from the manufacturer.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

HP does list Windows 7 as a valid operating system for this laptop. They provide all drivers except that one.

HP Recommended

@User_E123 wrote:

HP does list Windows 7 as a valid operating system for this laptop. They provide all drivers except that one.

What make is the wifi?

This is list of all hardware for your laptop: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04912074

Drivers for Windows 7 Pro: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8430741&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059

W7 drivers for all wireless cards (Broadcom, Realtek and Intel) are included in the link.

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Yes,

It lists the Wireless drivers. But i don't need those.

I need the "Wireless button" drivers.

HP Wireless Button Driver (American, International)   system software Manager Icon1.1.15.1 Rev.A
7 Jan 2016 3.2

1.1.14.1 Rev.A
16 Nov 2015

This is copied from the Windows 10 x64 list. Under "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (4)"

Without this button i cannot turn off the wireless with the button on the laptop...

And i have tested this driver and the one listed under Windows 8 x64. It will not install and gives the error message "invalid operating system".

HP Recommended

@User_E123 wrote:

Yes,

It lists the Wireless drivers. But i don't need those.

I need the "Wireless button" drivers.

HP Wireless Button Driver (American, International)   system software Manager Icon1.1.15.1 Rev.A
7 Jan 2016 3.2

1.1.14.1 Rev.A
16 Nov 2015

This is copied from the Windows 10 x64 list. Under "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (4)"

Without this button i cannot turn off the wireless with the button on the laptop...

And i have tested this driver and the one listed under Windows 8 x64. It will not install and gives the error message "invalid operating system".

I'm lost here. It's the first time I hear that you need a special driver for the manual button to be working. I don't need any special driver on linux and if Windows need it then you should consider switching the OS because it doesn't work properly.

HP Recommended

I also have the problem where the wireless button stays white.   Did HP decide NOT to create a Win 7 driver or software?  The 650 G1 works just fine and I didn't have to do anything special...

HP Recommended

I checked the BIOS AGAIN and found that the Lock Wireless Button was CHECKED!  I unchecked the box and I'm able to use the wireless button now!

The touchpad on this G2 must be extremely sensitive!  Even typing on this G2 the cursor is jumping all over...I will adjust the sensitivity, but when we image these laptops, we configure the BIOS first and it is too sensitive!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Solution to your problem is to install HP Hotkey Support and problem solved. Just like that.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Once again, solution to your problem is to install HP Hotkey Support and problem solved. Just like that.

Have a nice day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.