Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

doeas not work how do i get it working again

Gibbs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did the wireless ever work on your nc6220?  On many of these older models, the wireless cards were optional.

If you have an internal wireless card, when you push the wireless button on your notebook, you should see a blue light on the front of the notebook on the left side (where the other lights are) when the wireless card is turned on.

If you push the button and nothing happens it can be one of 4 things:

1. No wireless card is installed.

2. The card is turned off in the HP wireless manager software.

3. The wireless card is disabled in the BIOS, and you need to enable it.

4. The wireless card is broken, or there is other damage to the motherboard, wireless button, etc.

Paul

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

push button then click icon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

HP Recommended

I dont have an icon i only have a butten on my laptop that does not work

Gibbs
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did the wireless ever work on your nc6220?  On many of these older models, the wireless cards were optional.

If you have an internal wireless card, when you push the wireless button on your notebook, you should see a blue light on the front of the notebook on the left side (where the other lights are) when the wireless card is turned on.

If you push the button and nothing happens it can be one of 4 things:

1. No wireless card is installed.

2. The card is turned off in the HP wireless manager software.

3. The wireless card is disabled in the BIOS, and you need to enable it.

4. The wireless card is broken, or there is other damage to the motherboard, wireless button, etc.

Paul

HP Recommended

I have HP compaq nc6220 and "airplane mode" was turned on in Fedora OS. Now wireless is not working, not getting enabled by the hardware switch above keyboard. HP wireless assisstant declares it as "disabled" and not turned off. I think integrated wireless device is turned off somehow that is declared hardware enabled by default as per HP manual. Please show me a way out. I m stuck without my wireless connection.

Please reply me via email : waqardurrani@gmail.com

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have the wireless assistant installed and the drivers installed, then I don't have an answer for you.

Check in the windows wireless management program that the card is turned off in there.

Paul

HP Recommended

OK. finall alhamdulillah I found a solution. Here it is...

F*** Fedora, I have deleted its partition and uninstalled it, there is certainly a bug in it.

In Windows XP, I turned off my wireless by turning off from button above my laptop keyboard, then don't turn it on from the same place. I turned it on from "HP Wireless Assistant" and lo! integrated wireless device has come out of "airplane mode".

Ahhhhh... Long story but finally successful. Thanks Sir Paul anyways, at least you tried to figure it out.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it sorted out.

A word to the wise...anytime you have the wireless assistant installed, and the hardware button turned on, you should always make sure the wireless card is on and working before wiping the hard drive and installing a different OS or reinstalling the same OS.

BTW, you can also run Windows 7 on the nc6220, but you would not have Aero. Everything else works fine.

Paul

HP Recommended

how do i fix my wifi connection problem on my hp compaq nc6220? im desperate for help. i tried the troubleshooting nothing works.... Please help:smileysad: 

HP Recommended

Hi,

What model wireless card do you have in your nc6220?

What operating system are you running?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.