Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b105
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi all,

I have a pavilion touchsmart 15 b105 and the bluetooth is not working correct.
When I try to connect to my nexus 5 it wont make a connection, and when I try to find my m770B bluetooth mouse my notebook can't find it.
I have used this mouse on my notebook before.

I never used the bluetooth driver from the HP site because it had a conflict with hyper-v. But I can't find that old driver I always used.

Also my notebook always finds a unknown device when I am looking for bluetooth devices 

the drivers I already tried :
Mediatek_BT_V11.0.754.0_WHQL (downloaded form the mediatek site)
SP65804

SP64825

my nexus and my mouse are working correct because when I connect my mouse to my nexus it works fine

Is there any other driver I should try or should I try something else?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @EwoutGast ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 b105 Notebook and not pairing correctly to the Bluetooth Mouse M770b model.  I could not find this model on a search.  The best it came up with is a M7700b model which it states only supports Windows XP 32bit/ Vista/ Win 7 operating systems only. Please let me know the correct model number or product.

I would be happy to assist if needed. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
sorry for my mistake it is the m7700b but I have used this mouse with this notebook and win8.1 before so I don't know why it won't work now
HP Recommended

Hi @EwoutGast ,

Here is a link to fixing Bluetooth issues. In this document is a link to adding a Bluetooth device. It shows you how to make sure the Bluetooth  is on. It also shows you how to indicate you need to add an Icon to the desktop in the document.

Here is a link to troubleshoot from Gigabyte.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The troubleshoot from Gigabyte and the document of HP diden't fixed my problem.
Also I have updated everything on my notebook just to be sure.
And when I disable my onboard bluetooth and use a old bluetooth usb stick my mouse works without any problems.

but I don't wanna use a old usb that's kept together with tape.

so is there a other driver I could try to fix my bluetooth on my notebook ? or some other solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @EwoutGast

This  M7700b model which it states only supports Windows XP 32bit/ Vista/ Win 7 operating systems.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
How is it possible then that I use my Mouse the m7700b on my Windows 8.1 notebook with a USB bluetooth stick if it dont support my os and my bluetooth of my notebook self wont
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.