07-02-2010 01:23 PM
I am having a problem with my new hp I have an hpg71447us and a dual band wireless n router and I am unable to see or connect to the 5ghz connection. Is the wireless card compatible? If not is there an hp part number to update this so it will work?
01-26-2011 10:28 PM
I have a new DV5 laptop and a dual-band wireless Netgear router. I can see and connect to the 2.4GHz band just fine but cannot see the N band at all. I have two other laptops in the house that can see and connect to the N band with no trouble. I have loked for driver updates for the wireless adapter and it says right in the device manager that it is an N card but refuses to see any N networks. What gives?
01-27-2011 06:51 AM
If you can't see a 5GHz network, your wireless cards might not support it. Go to the Device Manager and post the names of your adapters. Not all 802.11n wireless cards support 5GHz networks..
HP ProBook 640 Sabayon LInux
HP Touchpad provided by HP
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
01-27-2011 02:09 PM
looking up the specs on your g71 it should have come with a 518436-001 broadcom 2.4 ghz only card. you can connect at N speeds, but.... if you have any b/g connections setting the 2.4 band to 20/40 to get those speeds, may reduce your b/g connection speeds...
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)