07-02-2010 01:23 PM
I am having a problem with my new hp I have an hpg71447us and a dual band wireless n router and I am unable to see or connect to the 5ghz connection. Is the wireless card compatible? If not is there an hp part number to update this so it will work?
01-26-2011 10:28 PM
I have a new DV5 laptop and a dual-band wireless Netgear router. I can see and connect to the 2.4GHz band just fine but cannot see the N band at all. I have two other laptops in the house that can see and connect to the N band with no trouble. I have loked for driver updates for the wireless adapter and it says right in the device manager that it is an N card but refuses to see any N networks. What gives?
01-27-2011 06:51 AM
If you can't see a 5GHz network, your wireless cards might not support it. Go to the Device Manager and post the names of your adapters. Not all 802.11n wireless cards support 5GHz networks..
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
01-27-2011 02:09 PM
looking up the specs on your g71 it should have come with a 518436-001 broadcom 2.4 ghz only card. you can connect at N speeds, but.... if you have any b/g connections setting the 2.4 band to 20/40 to get those speeds, may reduce your b/g connection speeds...
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)