03-30-2011 08:37 PM - edited 03-30-2011 08:48 PM
Unable to connect to internet via wireless Network using Cisco Linksys E2000 router. Able to connect hardwire. Called Cisco Tech on phone three times; third time long enough to change channel from 2 to 11, then call dropped for the third time. Still no wireless connection. The answer must be in the Advance setup, but do not know how.
Additional info: use Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n Dualband Wireless Network Module.
Driver Date: 11/23/2010
Driver Version: 18.104.22.1686
03-31-2011 05:42 AM
Someone on another post said to use Channel 9 and switch the router to the 2.4 GHz Band.
Here is the link to the latest WLAN driver too:
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)