Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello folks,

@Mw3555

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are unable to connect your iPad to your HP printer after being away for 6 months.

Are you still having the same issue?  If so please try Resetting the Printer.  If that doesn’t work please respond back with the make/model/product number of your HP printer (Guide to finding your model number).

@sipsmom

Thank you for joining the HP support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your Photosmart 7520.

The first step is to connect your printer to your wireless network.  This can be easily done from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions can be found in your User Guide on page 48 in the section titled “To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard”.

Now that the printer is connected to your wireless network you can use Apple’s AirPrint feature to send print jobs to the printer.  I’ve included the document How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network to answer any questions you may have about Apple’s AirPrint.

If you want to you can also use HP’s mobile apps to send print jobs to the printer. I have included the HP ePrint Mobile App FAQ document for reference.  If you want to be able to scan using the iPad please refer to HP’s All-in-One Printer Remote App FAQ document for guidance.

@DEEPAK-SINHA

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your HP printer.

To better assist you, would you please let me know what make/model/product number of HP printer do you have (Guide to finding your product number)? 

You also asked which printers supported Apple’s AirPrint.  I have included the document HP Printers and Supported Mobile Printing Solutions.  In the bottom portion of the document there is a sub-section dedicated to the different printer product lines.  If you click on the + to the immediate left of each printer product line sub section it will open up a table.   The first column in the table is the model of printer and the second column is for Apple’s AirPrint.  Any printer that has a “Yes” in the Apple AirPrint document supports the feature.

@Crilly

Thank you for joining the HP Support community.  I understand that your iPad is giving you an error message when you are trying to print using Apple’s AirPrint feature.

I’ve included the How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network document. It has a sub-section titled “What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?” And it will walk you through the steps required to resolve that error message.  

@Nfdar

Thank you for becoming a member of the HP Support forums. I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your Photosmart C309a printer.

I see that you have another post of the forums with this question and it was answered by Print Doc here.

@Pink90

Thank you for joining the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are unable to print from your iPad to your Photosmart 5520 printer.

I see that you have been working with Lil_Lisa27 on this thread to resolve your issue. If it’s not resolved please post on either thread and one of us will gladly assist you.

@Brian43

Thank you for joining the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your HP 3520 printer.

HP has 9 different models of 3520 printers.  To better assist you, would you please provide the make/model/product number of HP printer you have (Guide to finding your product number)?

@Marydesmond

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are getting prompted for a “value”.

To better assist you, would you please let me know which make/model/product number of HP printer that you have (Guide to finding your product number)?  Would you please also let me know what you were attempting when you received that message and what screen you were at? 

Thank you.

@Shantels

Thank you for becoming a member of the HP support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your Officejet 8600 printer.

The first step is to connect your printer to your wireless network.  This can be easily done from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions can be found in your User Guide on page 225 in the section titled “Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard”.

Now that the printer is connected to your wireless network you can use Apple’s AirPrint feature to send print jobs to the printer.  I’ve included the document How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network to answer any questions you may have about Apple’s AirPrint.

If you want to you can also use HP’s mobile apps to send print jobs to the printer. I have included the HP ePrint Mobile App FAQ document for reference.  If you want to be able to scan using the iPad please refer to HP’s All-in-One Printer Remote App FAQ document for guidance.

@Cz61j1

Thank you for being a member of the HP Support community. I asked the moderator to remove your personal email address for your privacy.

I have already answered your question on the other thread you posted on.  You can find that response here.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello folks,

@Jonnie2931, @Brewerk, @charlie1970, @Joyrees, @KeithSOMG, @Sfd1958, @Babydoll1, and @MichellePalmer

Thank you for becoming a member of the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your HP printer.

To better assist you, would you please let me know what make/model/product number of HP printer you have (Guide to finding your product number)? 

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Do not know whot you mine
HP Recommended

Hello 21bold,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I’m not sure what type of assistance you are looking for.

To better assist you would you please provide some further information:

1. What make/model/product number of HP printer do you have? Guide to finding your product number
  2. How is the printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?
  3. What operating system are you using on your computer (Windows 7, Mac 10.8, or Windows 8, etc)?
  4. Are you trying to print from a mobile device (tablet, or Smartphone)? If yes, is it an Android or Apple device?
  5. Do you have any error messages?  If yes, what is the error message and where is it being displayed (computer or printer)?
  6. Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?
  7. Are you able to successfully make a copy from the front panel of the printer?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I want to connect my I pad to my wireless printer how do I do that
HP Recommended
Yes how do I do thar
HP Recommended
I have a Deskjet 2542
HP Recommended
My printer HP print out me a network Configuration page where is my ID number on this page to put it in my iPad
HP Recommended

Hi @Maryline and @Bigdoc58

I understand that each of you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your HP printer.

The first step for everyone is to ensure that their printer is connected to their wireless network.  If the printer is not connected to your wireless network and supports wireless connectivity, please visit HP’s Wireless Printing Center – Connecting Your Wireless Printer.  It lists the different the methods for connecting your printer to your wireless network.  Please note that not all HP printers support all of the methods, but your printer will support at least one of the methods, if it supports wireless connectivity.

Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, if your printer and router support Bonjour  communication you should now be able to print using Apple’s AirPrint feature (some HP printers are older than Apple’s AirPrint and do not support AirPrint). If you are unsure if your printer supports AirPrint please refer to the HP Printers and Supported Mobile Printing Solutions document.  I’ve included 2 different documents on using Apple’s AirPrint with HP printers.  The first one is Printing from Your Apple Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No Apple AirPrint or HP ePrint Suppor... and the second one is How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network

If you want more options than what is available with AirPrint (see Apple’s AirPrint Basics document) you can download and install HP’s ePrint Mobile app.   I’ve included the HP ePrint Mobile App FAQs document for reference.

For those customers that want to be able to scan to their iPad please download HP’s All-in-One Printer Remote app.  The app will allow customers, with a supported printer, to scan documents to their iPad.  I’ve included the HP All-in-One Printer Remote Mobile App FAQs document for reference. If you are unsure if your printer supports HP’s AiO app, please refer to the HP Printers and Supported Mobile Printing Solutions document.

If you would like to set up HP’s ePrint feature, you would start by Getting the Printer’s Claim Code.  Once you have the printer’s claim code you would add it to your HP ePrintCenter or HP Connected account (HP Connected has only been rolled out to the USA, the UK, France and Germany), and then you have the option to Customize the ePrint Email Address.  I’ve also included the Getting Started with ePrint document which will explain how to print with ePrint and also has an FAQ section.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.