Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up my kindle but can't remember my password for my wifi connection.... is there a way to change a password

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Do you know your password to get into your router's configuration menu?  If so, go in there, look at your wireless security menu and your passkey or password will be found there. Then just enter that into your Kindle.

If you don't know that either, you will need to get your router's instruction manual that you may have ,or can be found on the manufactuer's website, read the procedure on how to reset your router to the factory default settings, and set it all up from scratch again. There is usually a little recessed button you need to push in and hold for 15 seconds or so with a blunt toothpick or something.

Paul

HP Recommended

HP's Network Diagnostics can retrieve your password under Advanced Tools_"Retrieve WPA/WEP Key":

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-88884-2

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

How   do    I  reset  the code   for WEP Password .   tTODD      E-MAIL {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to go into your router's configuration menu in order to do that.

Check your router manufacturer's support site and view the instructions they normally have to configure your router's wireless security menu.

I also recommend you use WPA2-Personal PSK.  It is more secure than WEP.

If you have wireless N devices, they won't go over 54 MBPS if you are using WEP or WPA TKIP.

Paul

HP Recommended

This computer will not let me use wifi even thought I have a netgear wireless router.  It will not let me sign in to "Owner-HP-Wireless and is blocking NETGEAR.  I have gone through countless registration processes designating names and passwords, but NOTHING.  I am ready to throw all of this away and buy Apple products instead.  I want to use my iPad, but HP is making it impossible.

HP Recommended

How do you get hp 3050 wireless printer connected to new wireless network?

HP Recommended

i answer here 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/How-to-solve-the-wifi-password-of-my-pr...

i do it :smileyhappy:

go to this site : 

https://192.168.1.10

i setup your hp printer wireless paasword

click network

then HP Wireless Direct

then you will see it 

HP Wireless Direct Status              On (with security)

Passcode (Min 8 characters):          77753727HP

Wireless Direct Name :              HP-Print-6D-Deskjet 2540 series

click edit settings and change passcode

HP Recommended

trying to reset my wifi hp password

HP Recommended

How do I reset my wifi hp pro 8710 password

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.