Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv3 2090ej
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

rcently had a drive crash after the fan stp working, replace the fan&drive and install a fresh copy of win7 32bit.

I have a problem with the wwan card & drivers.

Please help by providing the description and drivers to operate this wwan card (2723a-undp1)

I cannot see any un recognize device in the device manager.

Thank you,

Isic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have never heard of that.

The card should show up in the device manager no matter what.

The cellular provider needs the imei number off the WWAN card and the SIM card info, but the hardware should be showing up in the device manager at least needing a driver.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is very possible you need to install the HP Connection Manager software.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook running a supported operating system.

File name: sp53394.exe

If your WWAN card was turned off by the connection manager or wireless assistant software, it will not show up in the device manager until you install the software and turn it on.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response

Install the connection manager, I can see the bluetooth, wi-fi and lan connection and thats all

I'm sure that I have a gobi card as I disassamble the computer for the fan replacment.

Also there isn't any thing in the BIOS in order to switch it on or off.

what can I do?

Isic

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know what settings the BIOS has in your model PC.

If you don't see a WWAN card enable/disable setting, then there isn't one, and that device should have shown up in the device manager as either needing a driver or listed with the other devices under the Network Adapters device category.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

According to the service manual, the wwan module is located in the same compartment as the wlan module, so if you see two similar devices there, then you have both.

If you only see one, then you only have a wlan module.

See chapter 4...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01720761

HP Recommended

Ok, Thank you for the efforts

I will try to understand if my card is good.

Isic

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I read in other posts that if the card is not activate than windows will not recognize it.

Did you familier with this kind of situation?

Isic

HP Recommended

I have never heard of that.

The card should show up in the device manager no matter what.

The cellular provider needs the imei number off the WWAN card and the SIM card info, but the hardware should be showing up in the device manager at least needing a driver.

HP Recommended

Well thank you

I'll try to contact the hp technical support (lab) for help

Isic

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Another thing you can try is if the wireless card has the same type connection as the WWAN card, see if the wireless card shows up or you get a BIOS halt on boot error.

The purpose of this would be to confirm that the slot the WWAN card goes into is not dead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.