Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus and I have the same problem as others with HPNetWorkCommunicator.exe hogging 50% of my system resources much of the time. Very annoying!!

Unfortunately, the HP software for this printer does not have an option to deactivater scan to computer. Any advice how to resolve this problem for my printer would be mcuh appreciated.

PS I have bought four different HP printers and they have all suffered software issues: unreliable and resource hungry. Why cannot HP get this right? I will seriously look elsewhere for my next printers.

**UPDATE**

Sorry please ignore this post. I have discovered double-clicking on Scanner Actions reveals the Manage Scan to Computer options.

HP Recommended

Had same problem.  This solution seems to work.  I believe I encounter this problem when I re-boot my computer without re-booting the printer.  Unplugged printer and plugged it back in - solved the problem, until next time I re-boot.

HP Recommended

There is a recent software release that corrects this behavior.

I would suggest going here to check for newer software for your hp printer: http://h20614.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmd/welcome.aspx?

For those users who might be experiencing similar behavior on a different product, new software was recently released for many hp inkjet printer products (corresponding with the release of Windows 😎 that corrects this behavior.

If a newer software release is available for your product, I would strongly suggest installing it.

Regards,  Kent G.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

Solved:

Thanks

HP Recommended

This was the solution for me! Thanks so much as it was driving me crazy! I like to leave my printer unplugged when not in use to save energy, and as long as I have it plugged in and turned on when I start up my laptop it can be unplugged whenever not in use the rest of the time. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

After, renaming the directory paths to reflect my printer, these two files worked perfectly. I just right click them then click on Run As Administrator.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok,i am lost here,can you explain to me how exactly it should be done?The solution about disabling ink alerts,and only showing them  when you print. I want that solution explained specificly.

(with pictures if possible)

I too get the loading cursor icon. And I too have wireless HP printer(Photosmart 6510)

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@Nervosa wrote:

I realize that its probably needed to contact the printer, but why does it always start up then stop?

Is there a reason why HP doesnt always have it running like ScanToPCActivationApp.exe, or limit how often it starts up?

HP Recommended
for me, the solution was deactivating checking for ink on a regular basis. When set to Only when I print, was the solution on the Envy 110 series. No spinning circles all the time... It is really problematic, when I use the computer on client's sites and am running multi-thousand dollar software. Please re-think the default setting.
HP Recommended

This fix did not work on my HP inkjet e all in one.  I continue to have the blue circle next to the pointer every 10 seconds or so.  Disableing the scanner and changing ink alert did not help.  This occurs weather the printer is on or off.

Any more suggetions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.