Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, this problem is really irritating.

I have come up with a temporary solution also, by creating 2 bat files, one to run to turn the print feature off, and one to run when you want to print.

The files can be found here:

Print Off

Print On

ReadMe

Hope this helps someone.

Only tested with windows 7 64bit.

Please read the readme, and do exactly as it says.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Try disabling the scan activation by following the steps below:

1. Open the HP software by clicking on the desktop icon or by opening it from the programs folder <All Programs>HP>Product>

2. Navigate to the Heading Scanner Actions in the software and click on the link titled Manage Scan to Computer

3. Disable the activation and uncheck the box to automatically restart the activation when you log back in.

Keep the scan deactivated unless you need to scan, at which time simply enable the activation by reversing the steps above.

Set ink alerts to show only when you print if it is not already. To do this, open the HP software and click on estimated ink levels.

The printer toolbox appears - Select the advanced settings tab

On the advanced settings tab, make sure the default is set to 'Only show me ink alerts when I print'. Let me know if that has any impact

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended
Fantastic - it seems to work. Thanks very much
HP Recommended

Have been searching for days for a solution to my wireless mouse always 'busy' problem on my new Sony Vaio laptop. I have been switching stuff off in Task Manager as I have been searching for answers but never thought it might be a problem with our new HP 5510 wireless printer!

Yet another search on the internet today brought up this forum and.......

Hey presto! I am cured! No more busy mouse after switching off the scan to computer.

Thank you, thank you to mtbaughs from HP.

Can't press ' Accept as solution' button as I can't see one but have pressed the 'Kudos'

HP Recommended

Same problem...same solution (disable "scan to computer" and disable "start at startup"). This seemed to work, but after restarting, the issue was back again. Called with HP Netherlands, wich advised me to uninstall and reinstall the software. This time without enabling the "scan to computer" option during installation. Again no effect. When I turn on the printer (deskjet 3070a) the problem is resolved. The HP network communicator runs continuously and stays running, even if I turn off the printer. I'm running windows 7.

ps. why advise to disable an option that's recommended during installation and which is in fact a significant part of the product. It's not supposed to be an "All in One Printer_Without One" or is it?

Greetz Paul

HP Recommended

You need to uncheck the box that states reenable after computer restarts / reboots automatically

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

I did uncheck that box. It didn't work after restart. 

grtz paul

HP Recommended

Ok, lets check something else -

Lets set ink alerts to show only when you print if it is not already. To do this, open the HP software and click on estimated ink levels.

The printer toolbox appears - Select the advanced settings tab

On the advanced settings tab, make sure the default is set to 'Only show me ink alerts when I print'. Let me know if that has any impact

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended
I was just about to ..... it's the only thing of HP I can find in the startup folder (C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup). I'll let you know if works....thanx
HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.