Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I now have my HP Deskjet 3070A connected via USB because, despite weeks of attempting a resolution with HP Support, I can't get the printer to print wirelessly despite it maintaining an IP address and a wireless connection.  Now, since I have had to connect my "wireless" printer via USB I am getting the constant, and IRRITATING hpnetworkcommunicator.exe. 

I cannot use your "I am an HP employee" solution because the menu options you suggest aren't available.  I have, however, set the 'Only show me ink alerts when I print' option but, surprise, to no effect.

I have found a solution of my own though...

1.  write-off the expense and hours of wasted time,

2.  give-up HP software and support as the joke that it is,

3.  bin my new HP Deskjet "wireless" 3070A,

4.  buy a Canon.

HP Recommended

Thanks mtbaughs. The 'Only show me ink alerts when I print' solution has worked for me running my laptop on windows 7. I have ticked the kudos button, but for some reason I do not have an option to "Accept as solution"

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank You, Kudos, and I Accept as a Solution !

HP Recommended
Recently purchased a HP PhotoSmart 7510 and connected wirelessly to Dell XPS desktop running Windows Vista v6 sp2. Printer works, then doesn’t work. Problem - print jobs hung-up in queue in Printer Spool. Occasionally a Windows error pop-up window would inform me that HPNetworkCommunicator has stopped working. Invested 2 hours searching the internet for and applying recommended solutions. Invested an additional hour online with HP Technical Support in the Philippines. Solution: locate “HPNetworkCommunicator.exe” file and ‘disable’ it by renaming it something else. How for PC: 1) Open Windows Explorer and navigate file path similar to: C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series\Bin\ 2) Locate file named “HPNetworkCommunicator.exe” 3) Right-click on file and rename it, “tempHPNetworkCommunicator.exe” 4) Power-off devices in this order: router, printer, computer 5) Power-on devices in same order: router, printer, computer FIXED
HP Recommended

I had the same problem found it only occured when printer was switched off. Switched printer on all OK

HP Recommended

I had a similar experience as splitrock except that offshore support had me actually delete HPNetworkCommunicator.exe rather than rename it.  That worked but now I can only connect with USB.  Even after doing a subsequent reinstall, I can no longer establish a wireless connection.  Fortunately, I currently don't have a need to print wirelessly.

I have to say that HP support, although friendly, has been terrible.  They are obviously hacking their way through a solution a do not have a real solution.

It is incredible to me that there has yet been no official HP response to this thread.  There have been good workable suggestions above from helpful folks but no true fix.

By the way, I am running Windows XP.  The other suggestion given to me by HP Support was to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate.  Even though XP is supported, he told me, "but it is a very old operating system".  I just don't have a need to spend another zillion hours upgrading to Windows 7 when everything but my printer works fine.

HP Recommended

When I got to the Heading Scanner Actions, and to the Manage Scan to Computer, there is no check box to de-activate scaning to computer.  When I click on the link it just turns on the scanning...  No way to turn it off.  I went about getting there several ways, and always ended up in the same spot.

I have an OfficeJet Pro 8600, Windows 7 64 Bit.

HP Recommended

Enter "msconfig" and stop the starting of "HP Digital Image" process. Then restart your PC.

It helped me since some hours and printing is working.

HP Recommended

Bavarix,

Thanks for the direction to the "msconfig" to uncheck the Check for Scan at start-up.  It did the trick!

Kudos and I Accept as Solution!

HP Recommended

This worked for me (I'm running Windows 7), although I haven't tried connecting to my printer wirelessly yet. If I find that I am unable to connect wirelessly after doing this, then the following solution can easily be undone (and re-done when I'm through printing - at least until I find a better solution to this!). So, for now: step 1) Search C drive for HPNetworkCommunicator.exe. 2) When you find the program, right click on it to go to "Properties". 3) Then go to the "Security" tab. 4) While "SYSTEM" is highlighted in the "Group or user names" list, click the "Edit" button. 5) Click the "Deny" checkbox for "Full Control" (this will automatically select the checkboxes below as well).  6) Then click "OK" and "OK" again, to close the popup windows.  This seems to have prevented "System" from automatically initiating the HPNetworkCommunicator.exe process every few seconds - at least for me!  (That was the process killing my comp's performance.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.