Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 3051A. The "Solved/Solution" didn't work for me because the extremely rudimentary software that comes with the 3051A didn't have any of the settings that needed to be changed accessible.

So I Removed the HP Printer software from my PC. I then went to www.HP.com/support and downloaded the software/drivers (again). When the "Scan Activation" screen came up I UNchecked the box and on the "Low Ink" screen I checked to only notify me when printing. (I just kept the wireless setup I had...no need to setup again with the USB cord.)

Now everything's running OK.

HP Recommended

Worked for me too!  Thanks!

HP Recommended
Can't find the "accept" button but I certainly accept your solution. It worked like a charm. Thanks
lckauth
HP Recommended

This helped me also.  I was sick of the constant cycling and my cursor spinning every time this executable kicked off. (Every few seconds) Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I had a similar situation with the error - hpnetworkcommunicator has stopped working. In my case, the issue was related with the net nanny software that was blocking the wireless communication. After I add a exception to the net nanny it started to work fine. You can try this on the windows firewall or another one that you are using.

Hope it helps,

Rgs

HP Recommended

After installing a new HP 6700 printer, I was getting a constant interuption of my system by the hpnetworkcommunicator.exe.  specifically if I turned on my PC, with the printer off (printer is on a hardwire network).  As suggested by a HP employee in this forum, I disabled the scan to computer, and de-selected load scan to computer on windows start up - problem solved.

Apparently, a lot of people are having this issue.  I hope HP will correct this.  The scan to computer is a great option of my new printer.  It would be handy if I didn't have to enable only when I want to use it.  What say you, HP?

HP Recommended

The proposed solutions are rediculous, the software should work properly without tese issues, diabling a feature of the software vital to the reason for my purchase is not an option. It will force me to another brand of printer.

Fix the software

HP Recommended

Yes, disabling the scan to computer corrected the problem with the network communicator.  However, I asume this is a  temporary fix, and hope that a near future solution will be available.  I'm relying to an email reqest, but cannot find an accept button.  I thought I had already replied, and I gave someone a Kudos.   So, once again, Kudos.

HP Recommended

This worked great until recent HP updates. After the reboot the exe is back along with the annoying spinning mouse.  I checked and scan to computer is still disabled. What can I try now? I am getting really frustrated with this!

HP Recommended

I was reading through the posting and had followed the directions about disabling the scan to computer which worked for awhile. After installing updates today and rebooting it started all over again. I looked further down the message string and saw someone mention having to turn their printer on before turning on their laptop.  Apparently in my attempt to be energy conscious I have made myself nuts with blinking cursors.  After this update I cannot have my printer unplugged anymore when I am using my laptop.  I'm glad to be rid of the unwanted process, but not so happy about having to leave unused devices plugged in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.