03-01-2013 09:49 AM
I see that you are having problems connecting to the internet, is that correct?
Error 651 is normally an authentication error with your internet connection. This could be due to an incorrect password.
I did find this thread that deals with the error. There are troubleshooting steps included.
Follow the troubleshooting steps and let me know what happens. You may have to contact your internet service provider for assistance.
06-05-2013 05:48 PM
Hi There, It is not actually authentication. This is common error on windos 8 and rarely on windows 7. i had same issue and got solution from below post. it worked for me. Hope this works for you as well.
10-29-2014 06:44 AM
I have Windows 7 and I have the Error 651. I don't think it's that "rare". It just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It is showing my home network as a "puclic network" and I don't think I set it up that way. Do you have any recommendations on this error?
10-02-2015 12:02 PM
I had error 651 shortly after our cable company switched our modem. They could not find the issue over the phone, so I kept playing around with it.
I went through the windows diagnostic tool and refused when it told me to plut into ethernet.
It finally fixed it!
Network Adapter was disabled.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)