Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Sabrina:

Please post the model number of your Probook, so I can provide the Intel driver from the support page, or you can download the Intel wireless driver from there yourself, because that is what you need.

The hardware ID you posted decodes to an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 WLAN adapter.

HP Recommended

thanks Paul. There is no network controller listed in my device manager so sounds like it is a bigger issue.

I have tried system restore with no luck. I think i have now tried everything possible (and now have discovered my audio also doesn't function) so i am at the point of doing a complete system restore.

Do you think this will solve my problem? Is my computer meant to go back to the way it was when i first bought it?

many thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Myra.

Yes, I believe you are at the point where things are so fouled up, it is time for a fresh start.

Do make sure to back up any files you don't want to lose as the system recovery will restore your PC's operating system and software to the day it shipped from the factory.

Good luck and I hope that fixes everything for you.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I'm having a similar problem: Network Controller appearing with a yellow '!', no drivers listed as installed. Please could you decode my hardware ID so I know which driver to install?

\VEN_1814*DEV_0201&SUBSYS_E9321458&REV_01\4&2193910&0&3040

Many thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi, Mike:

I don't recall seeing that model Ralink wireless card in an HP PC.

It is a Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card.

My recommendation is to go to the Ralink site at the link below, and install the driver listed all the way at the bottom -- The PCI/mPCI driver for the RT2500.

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for your help, but that link you posted wasn't the one which sorted the Network Controller.

I ended up searching for hours, stumbling across a Russian (I think) website which had tons of drivers. One of them being mine.

Thanks for your help though 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I'm back again (unfortunately) after completely wiping my computer.

I thought i had fixed the problem as there were no errors in device mangaer. But once i tried to connect devices (my mobile  and solar panels) an error appeared again for 'bluetooth peripheral device'. I don't know if you can help me but thought i'd return & post the hardware ID which is different to last time:

BTHENUM\{00006675-7475-7265-6469-616c62756d70}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000
BTHENUM\{00006675-7475-7265-6469-616c62756d70}_LOCALMFG&000f

any thoughts on where to find these?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, Myra:

Unfortunately I do not.  I have never been able to find out what a bluetooth peripheral device is.

Sorry,

HP Recommended

just formatted my hp laptop with windows 7 professional and its not picking up on the network,. it has 2 settings in device manager listed as this....

network adapters (no splats)

realtek PCIe FE family controller

other devices

network controller (splatted)

under the network controller properties details device description it has this

PCI/VEN_10EC&DEV_8171&SUBSYS_1467103C&REV_10

PCI/VEN_10EC&DEV_8171&SUBSYS_1467103C

PCI/VEN_10EC&DEV_8171&CC_028000

PCI/VEN_10EC&DEV_8171&CC_0280

any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your wired network adapter should be working if there are no ! next to it and it is listed under the network adapters setting in the device manager.

You need this driver for the wireless network controller...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.