06-02-2011 04:49 AM
My HP Pavilion dv6 says it has 2.4/5GHz 802.11b/g/n WLAN adapter (Ralink RT3090) but it won't connect to my Linksys E4200 wireless router on 5GHz 802.11n.
06-02-2011 06:05 AM
Ralink RT3090 is a bth and wifi combo card..
The specs say 1x1, it means a single channel at 2.4Ghz. This card doesn't support 5Ghz so that's why you can't connect to a 5Ghz network. Tell us what DV6 it is and we can help you to find a compatible 5Ghz card for your laptop. You also go to the support and drivers webpage and look for a Maintenance and service guide in the Manuals section...
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)