Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ac043TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

when I turn my pc hotspot on using connectify or any other such softwares, it gives very poor signal.But if you keep that device right above the laptop then it works fine.Otherwise just take it slight away from the pc it gives poor signal....I wanted to know if it could  be a hardware or a software problem... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @lachit

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that your internet connection is weak. I can help.

I have provided this document to test the wireless on the computer: 

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8).

If you are still having issues, please contact the 'Hotspot" provider.

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @lachit

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that your internet connection is weak. I can help.

I have provided this document to test the wireless on the computer: 

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8).

If you are still having issues, please contact the 'Hotspot" provider.

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.