Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've been gpomg through the same issues as everyone above. I downloaded the newest driver, it worked fine for 2 days and then my HP15 Notebook was back to shutting down every 5 minutes and the HP Network Check worked "sometimes". I had also called my ISP and raged before this about the internet service and have the newest bestest modem/router now...still, no joy. 

I came to this forum a month ago and was given a link to newest update for the driver.  As said above, worked well 2 days and back to problems. I, too, run  a business from my laptop and this is unnacceptable.

So it has gotten worse, if you can so imagine. Constant crashing, can't stay on 2 minutes when I do get it running and it is generally worse in the evening hours. hmm...

My laptop is two yrs old and whilst I have had the best of intentions when it came to recharging, I sometimes would get caught up in something else and not unplug it in time. It doesn't exact say "Oy, you, come unplug me" at the appropriate time. Now I am tethered to my power cord at all times, not sure if I care to invest in a new battery or just try to save up for a new laptop, probably not a HP..

I read with great interest the above post where the fella (a student on here who should be made a tech, in my books as he actually thought of looking at SETTINGS) and have applied his suggestions. Sure enough, I was set to turning power off to conserve. I would imagine that all of my problems with my Wi-Fi have come about since the death of my battery. Thinking back, I know they have. 

I'm sure the driver update will do no harm, so thanks for that. But it strikes me funny that I've found more useful information here from the "students" than the folk who have much more experience.  I've changed settings and hoping now I can stay online....and may need to get that battery soon 🙂 

Well done! I'll be back in a couple of days if it isn't the final fix but if it is you probably won't see me...here's hoping you won't! And good luck to all

HP Recommended

Back already. Nothing worked 😞

HP Recommended

Seems I am now having the same issue as everyone else on this forum. Here are the specifics on my laptop:

Product name:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Product number:L0Q40UA#ABA
BIOS:F.36-02/02/2015
Keyboard revision:78.21
Total memory:6.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

My wi-fi adapter is a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 and it was last updated on 1/30/17 to driver version 2023.42.831.2016 which has a driver date of 10/3/16.

I tried rolling the driver back to the previous version which was driver2023.30.301.2016  with a driver date of 3/23/2016.

I still have the same problem with either driver. I stay online for a period of time and then I lose myc connection to the internet. Everything shows I am still connected to my router. I simply can not get out to the internet. Device manager shows the wi-fi device is working properly.

Has anyone figured out a definite solution to this?

HP Recommended
I've had the exact same problem I seriouly wish there was a solution my brother and I cant even do school work and home.
HP Recommended
Yesterday I tried rolling back the driver again. It's been working since I did that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I've tried this before and it stopped working after a period of time.
HP Recommended

Oh my.... apparently this is a common issue with HP Laptops (15).... the only way I can connect to the internet is by using an Ethernet cable.  Not my idea of fun.  I'm ready to throw my HP out the 2nd story window and never use one again!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  I tried it but it didn't work for me so if I don't want to be tethered to the ethernet cable, I might just drop this laptop out the window to be used as a lawn ornament and buy a different product.  I'll never buy a HP again, I don't care if they give the stuff away.  With this many complaints regarding the same issue, I would think this would be fixed globally.  Oh well, time to spread the 'do not buy this product' on my Facebook.... word of mouth and all that. 

Here's hoping for a solution ASAP! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the idea... I may try this and if it works, keep using my HP laptop until I get out there and buy a different product altogether! 

Was there anything in particular you looked for when you bought from Amazon?  Or do I just type in Intel card?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

OMGawd!  This is actually working!  Granted it's only been "connected' for 1 1/2 hours so far, but that's more than its been connected wirelessly in the past two weeks.  I'll keep y'all posted on this "fix".

Thanks again ccJohn!!

HP Recommended

I've been struggling, just like the thousand other or so folk, with WIFI connection issues with this RTL8818EE card since acquiring the laptop it was supplied in, about two years ago.

I have attempted all the suggested fixes, installed all the suggested drivers, performed Black Mass Rituals on the Moors at Midnight, and I'm still nowhere nearer to solving the problem other than to swap out the supplied card with that from a different manufacturer.

I personally don't believe the issues are solely driver related but rather poor  RF circuit design and component choice are a major contributing factor. If I sit the laptop on top of the router I can achieve a sizeable chunk of the available bandwidth. However if I move more than six feet away that's when everything goes South for the Winter. I have a good Wifi range, I can still access the router via my iPad, cellphone, smart watch, etc, from the far and of my garden, some 100ft or so, but I can't access the router from my HP Pavilion when it's in the same room. In fact as I'm writing this on my iPad the laptop is blissfully indicating that no WiFi networks are available. This isn't isolated to W10 as I see the same poor performance when running Linux.

HP are still choosing to ignore the very large elephant in the room instead of acknowledging that the product they have supplied is faulty and not fit for purpose. 

I'll soon be upgrading my laptop ( I do this every two to three years ) but rest assured, based upon the amateurish way they've dealt with this RTL8188EE wifi card debacle, it will not be a HP product. Harsh words? Maybe, but I am a customer that wanted a working product and not a work in progress.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.