01-12-2014 07:18 AM
my wifi adapter not working properly
# sometimes limited connectivity
# wifi shows connected but browser not open a single page .
broadcom adapter .
plz help me to sort out this problem
01-23-2014 02:54 PM
Hello Sachin-verma. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand the computer's wireless adapter is working properly. To assist you properly, I require the following information:
1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Locating the Model Number of the Computer
2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?
4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?
Additionally, try installing the driver with HP Support Assistant. If you require assistance with this task, please reference this HP document: Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
Please respond as soon as you can. I'm only here to help!
01-24-2014 06:22 AM - edited 01-24-2014 12:26 PM
1. HP Pavilion g4 2049tx
2. operating system - windows 8.1
3. no new hardware installed
4. this probleum is occured in windows 8 and 8.1 , to fix it i have reinstall windows 3 times but can't fix it .
01-24-2014 11:44 AM
Thank you for the response. Can you confirm if the issue is resolved after updating the driver? (This is assuming you are following the instructions I provided in my first post.)
01-24-2014 11:57 AM
"Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as your Product Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:
Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.
If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.
Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.
01-24-2014 12:45 PM
The fact that you are utilizing Windows 8.1 complicates the situation. The only network driver, compatible with the operating system, is a LAN driver. This is indicated here: HP Pavilion g4-2049tx Notebook PC Drivers
Your WiFi adapter will always experience difficulties on Windows 8.1, until a compatible driver is released. The solution is returning the computer to Windows 8. There are compatible WLAN drivers that you can download and install. This will resolve the issue for you.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)