Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have an hp  pavilion dv6-1240eo and i upgrade it to from vista to windows 7,evrything went good,expect the bluetooth module wich i cannot find the appropiate driver.

i installed the driver sp32883 but i got some error in installation and when i try to use it,it doesnt work fine giving me some error,like the device you are using it doesnt support file transfer etc...

Please help me,coz i need the bluetooth module.

Regards

Mourad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are two solutions: internal and external.

• Internal - you need to buy blutooth module with this HP part number: 483113-001 and in service documenattion which you may find here on page 94 are instructions how to install it.

• External - you need to buy usb micro Bluetooth adapter. With that kind of device you don't need to even remember then it's plugged. Few propositions on Newegg: here, here, here, here and here.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install:

Bluetooth Wireless here (ver 6.2.1.500  for 32/64 bit Win7)

Note:

You do not know how to install Bluetooth driver?

Check the link below:

How to install HP Bluetooth driver in Windows 7.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Thank you.

Do you know why bluetooth drivers don't come automatically installed? It seems odd.

Thanks
HP Recommended

@boganlover

Hi,

If it was not installed in pre-installed system by HP then it was just an oversight.

I'm happy that your problem is solved now.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it is not solved. I downloaded from the link you provided - installed the software - restarted my computer - but it still doesn't work. There is no bluetooth logo on my laptop.

HP Recommended

@boganlover

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

HP Recommended

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Pentium P6200  @ 2.13GHz    55 °C
    Arrandale 32nm Technology
RAM
    2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 1668 (CPU)    56 °C
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
Hard Drives
    313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEVT-60A23T0 (SATA)    33 °C
Optical Drives
    hp CDDVDW TS-L633R
Audio
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Australia

HP Recommended
LR719PA#ABG
HP Recommended

@boganlover

Hi again,

Specifications for your model you may find here.

As you may check there this model is without Bluetooth module.

The only wireless device is wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Is it possible to get a bluetooth module installed?

Why is it that Zune is able to recognise my LG E900 by USB cable by LG PC Suite 4 and similar are not?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.