07-28-2009 02:56 AM
hello, i've compaq presario v3417AU. the problem is i've successfully installed all drivers after formatting my laptop but wireless network don't show up. it just appears sometimes.i have installed brodcom wireless driver there. when i use hp wireless assistant, the assistant cannot find it. my friend said that the wireless adapter will show when it detects wireless connection.but now...when i am in wireless area...still it does not showing up. please help me..
07-28-2009 03:13 AM
i can only use the internet on the laptop if it is wired directly to the internet. I have updated the bios and turned on the network there. For some reason it was turned off and I could not get a wired connection either, but I fixed that. But the wireless will still not work. My desktop works with wireless just fine so the router is ok. In the wireless assistant, only the bluetooth shows up. The wireless switch is showing blue on the front of the laptop. In the device manager no adapters are shown to be not working. It seems the adaptors, drivers, whatever, are no where to be seen or are not being recognized. Anyone have any more suggestions? This is ridiculous! I use to be able to keep putting in the drivers each time to get it to work but that doesn't work any more.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)